Home

CPU vs CPU?

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Banned

Pierzynski 12's Arena

OVR: 8
CPU vs CPU?

Is there any way to watch the cpu on the 360 version of 08?

I just got a 360 and the game. So, go easy on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CPU vs CPU?

Not that I know of.

Why BTW?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Banned

Pierzynski 12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Not that I know of.

Why BTW?
I was just wondering.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierzynski 12
I was just wondering.
Would you actually just watch the CPU play?

Seems kind of boring to me. I'm not knocking it just wondering what it is you would watch?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:

Seems kind of boring to me. I'm not knocking it just wondering what it is you would watch?
Can't speak for Pierzynski but I use it as a screen-saver type of thing and/or some background noise while I'm doing something else. So I guess I don't really watch it as much as let it go and then check the score to see how it played out before I shut it off. But I do agree with you...just sitting and watching it seems boring to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 25

I hope that one day EA games will improve to the point where you could enjoy watching a CPU vs CPU match...
Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

Quote:

This question always seems to come up, and there have been some really interesting arguments on the CPUvCPU side in the past on these boards. I can tell you that I love CPUvCPU for dynasties for two main reasons:

1. I enjoy sports games for the very reasons I enjoy sporting events. The outcome is usually in doubt, and the focus of the game is the strategy and performance. Many people enjoy taking control of every player on the field, and for me, that detracts from important ratings like Awareness, etc. This also leads to an abuse of the AI and gameplay limitations that will always exist. Rather than "cheat" the CPU, I like to let the "players" play out the strategy I construct.

2. I also don't have the time to commit to sitting in front of the TV wholly encumbered by a game for an hour or more, but I still enjoy the fun of managing a team through a dynasty. I can still recruit, set depth charts, and generally set playcalling strategy. Of course, I am a former thumb jockey (and guilty of cheating the CPU on many ocasions) and I can honestly say it is a lot more rewarding to win a title in Coach Mode or AD Mode, where I can't exploit defeciencies in the programming. Some guys win 8 NCs with some obscure school and call that fun. I rarely win a NC with a power school, and I can't wait to try again next year. I call that fun.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

The only way to watch cpu v cpu is going into the super sim feature that is in the pause menu during the game. There is an option that will allow you to watch the next play and the cpu on both sides will play the next play. But, you have to choose a team before going into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »