Home

Little Things

This is a discussion on Little Things within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #25
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Little Things

I'd wish they would throw in the you can't be the first player to touch the ball if you went out of bounds. I've seen playing against people a HB stepping on the out of bounds line, then cutting back into the field of play and catching the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I'd wish they would throw in the you can't be the first player to touch the ball if you went out of bounds. I've seen playing against people a HB stepping on the out of bounds line, then cutting back into the field of play and catching the ball.

I've been playing 06 on the Xbox lately after playing 08 on the 360 for the last several months, and I was shocked when I got flagged for being the first player to touch it after being out of bounds.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #27
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I've yet to see be called. I would purposely throw a screen towards the sideline and have my HB go out of a bounds, then come back in to make the catch and never got flagged. And before anyone asks no a defensive player didn't touch the ball first.

Ohh you said on 2006. Still I never seen it called on Madden or NCAA any year.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #28
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecox3
Clear Visors (not allowed to wear dark visors anymore)
They are in the game this year. (Finally)

Quote:
Some players were thicker facemasks and add all of them to the game, no QBs with chickenboxes or any kind of robot bars. No kickers with visors and gloves
Although you can edit them off, it is still ridiculous they are placed on them in the first place. EA could save us the time and not do that.

Quote:
Shoulder pads are not that big.
I believe this has been addressed as well.

Quote:
Players should feel like they have weight to them, when you play 2k8 the way the players feel they feel like they have weight.
I think pastapadre said something about the players having more "weight" to them this year. I'm willing to bet money on him saying that.

Quote:
Every player playing college football has to were a mouth piece, whether its small, the kind that goes over your lips or the king that attaches to the facemask.
Yup. Although I don't see too many players who have the mouthguards attached to the helmet. Mainly just the ones that are cut and popped in. A cut scene or something showing the players adjusting or putting a mouthguard in would be cool though.

Quote:
The chinstraps dont look right. And different players were different kinds.There are like 6 different kind of chinstraps.
Another very little, but yet important detail. The casual fan will probably never notice or care about this, but I agree that it would be nice to have accurate equipment in the game. As well as tattoos!

Quote:
Not everyone in the crowd jumps around the hole game. And has anyone every noticed when the pan up to the press boxes there are like 100 people in those going crazy. Only the students really do that. And people do not stand in the upper deck jumping in rhythm with everyone else.
Yeah, the guys in the press box are usually not going to act a fool when the home team gets a first down or completes a 4 yard pass. I think the dynamic crowd addition this year might tone that down a bit.

Quote:
When people get hurt a trainer usually comes over to help them and some of the players go over to se what is wrong.
Yes, exactly! I still am waiting for a stretcher, trainer, ambulance, etc... to come and assist a player. Nothing is stupider than seeing a player go down with a broken leg and then getting up right afterwards and grip his knee while he walks off the field. This is especially stupid with neck injuries!

Quote:
There are usually people all over the sidelines moving. Players. Press people are all over the endzones and sidlines.
Once again I think EA has said in interviews that this has been tweaked as well. Something about more crowded sidelines.

Quote:
Players usually talk to each other there could be a personallity treait on wheter the players talked a lot during the games, and if they did there could be animations where the the players a all in each others faces talking and then a couple other players come over in start talking.
Yeah, that would be a nice little animation. Maybe even have players show hostility in rivalry games. That would be awesome.

Quote:
If EA would take a little time and program little animations the game wlould be so much better. like players talking to each other and players almost getting in fights and the refs coming over to break it up. Or the same animation where a 2 players a talking and a player who is a good senior leader comes over and takes he teamate away from other teams who are talking.
Great idea. Yeah that would be sweet. Maybe even have a team unity feature or a feature that would give something like reputation to a team. Think like a late 80's early 90's Miami team

Quote:
add refs and chain gang. and pregame show and halftime show and entances. Please add to the list, and also try not to think thats its 2008 and these things have not been added yet.
Biggest feature missing in NCAA if you ask me. College football is all about the tradition. Why can't EA just listen to us (if they really read these popular boards like they say) and see that all we want are some players running through a tunnel with some smoke. Or even a team introduction. It would be so much better.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 05-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 7

I agree with a lot of these oversights on detail, but as stated above, EA has made strides in some of these areas. They're taking steps to make the sidelines more dynamic. This year it's cheerleaders and security, next year it may be more photographers and the addition of coaches. Obviously, I think the sideline dynamics need to match up with the crowd. Big game, more media and boosters.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
How about this for injuries? If a player sprains or breaks his wrist, he gets the club on his hand as he returns to play. His tackle ability takes a small hit and his catch is near zero.

If they have a knee sprain of any kind, they get a knee brace and speed and agility take a small hit.
Yup, his attributes would go down. How about them throwing some of NFL Blitz type of animations. Those were the nastiest, as you can hear bone crunching!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Here are 4 immediate little things I think EA should do for next year's game:

1. Have the players lean more when they run, especially when they are about to engage another player (ie a RB in the open field coming up to a LB - in real football both players immediately go lower when they see one another).

2. Add dreadlocks and various hair options

3. Add towels options for players

4. Apply some randomness to the game. This is a big part to make it look much less video-game'ish and much more realistic. For example have some players socks higher than others, have some players uniforms fit a bit differently, have players when they come out of their stances do so at slightly different angles and times, have some players helmets move slightly as they run and others not move at all, have some players with hair on their arms and others without, etc etc. This is a big part of what is holding the game back in regards to taking the next step in the visuals dept. IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Running backs getting small in the hole.
All the hairstyles from current gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »