Home

Tedious things that you do (because that's how you like it!)

This is a discussion on Tedious things that you do (because that's how you like it!) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tedious things that you do (because that's how you like it!)

Besides manually inputing all the names? ok here goes. I keep list all conference championship and bowl games I play. Who's on both rosters. I list individual stats when the graduate or turn pro then export them to madden where the madness continue. If a player transfers I follow and record all of his stats to. Like the man said it's a good thing I only need 3-4 hours sleep or I'd never play.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I write my own summaries of my games as I play them in a Word document, and take tons of pictures and videos.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

For the record, I've done this with probably the last 6 or 7 years of NCAA.

I always play with the college I went to, Iowa. I make sure the depth charts are exact.

During recruiting, I only recruit players who are similiar to players that Iowa has already signed for the season. When signed in the game, all those players are turned into actual Iowa recruits. Any recruits that I miss are then recruited the next year. If I miss a player for 2 years, I try to sign a JUCO to match that player. Basically, for about 5-6, I only play with actual players for Iowa.

During the 1st season, I play every game Iowa plays. I also sim every game to match up with what happened in real life. For example, if Texas beats TCU in real life, Texas beats TCU on my first season. I also try my best to have the correct Heisman trophy winner for that year (that's actually pretty easy if the results are real).

The only thing different from my dynasty and the actual football season is the results of Iowa. A little side note: I've never been more than 2 wins/losses away from the actual season.

It is actually a relief when I get to the second season because I don't have to sim and pay attention to every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #12
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon14 Re: Tedious things that you do (because that's how you like it!)

Ok, so I am not the only crazy one.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #13
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, my brother and I email each other dynasty reports in a word document with pictures. Done sorta like a newspaper report, double columned with game stats and highlights. I definitely check out the injury report and depth charts of my opponent before each game to help me write it up later. It seems excessive, but it really adds to the enjoyment of the dynasty for me. I borrow ideas from dynasty posters on this site and DSM for my reports.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I edit every player from OU's equipment to match what they wear on Saturday's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »