Home

09 CPU running the ball question

This is a discussion on 09 CPU running the ball question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: 09 CPU running the ball question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
yeah but I get tired of having the nations leading run defense yr after yr no matter what crappy team I have
This is my point why won't ea address this instead of adding gimmicks the cpu gameplay has been bad for years.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
This is my point why won't ea address this instead of adding gimmicks the cpu gameplay has been bad for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
yeah but I get tired of having the nations leading run defense yr after yr no matter what crappy team I have

Do you guys not touch sliders? Do you just play AA default? I have a hard time believing the cpu can't mount a decent rushing attack if you've adjusted sliders. I have my break block at 30 on AA with their Run Block at 85 and RB Ability at 90. That worked well for my skills anyways and the cpu can run the ball effectively.

Like I said before, football games are usually too easy to stop the run on default. I can't remember the last time I didn't have to give them a boost unless I was playing on the hardest level (Heisman, All-Madden, Legend etc.).
Old 04-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Do you guys not touch sliders? Do you just play AA default? I have a hard time believing the cpu can't mount a decent rushing attack if you've adjusted sliders. I have my break block at 30 on AA with their Run Block at 85 and RB Ability at 90. That worked well for my skills anyways and the cpu can run the ball effectively.

Like I said before, football games are usually too easy to stop the run on default. I can't remember the last time I didn't have to give them a boost unless I was playing on the hardest level (Heisman, All-Madden, Legend etc.).
the problem i saw in '08 after adjusting sliders was that the CPU just didn't want to run. i got their HBs to average 4-5 yards per carry, but they only ran their HB 8-12 times a game. they then try to run their 60 speed QB about 10 times a game and get negative yardage. Navy did get 250+ on me twice though. Their FB was a beast.

however i did change the run/pass ratio in the CPU coaching strategy and it did help some on them running more at least in dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I am willing to bet that I will be able to hold the cpu to less then 3 YPC and less the 75 yards per game 0n 12 min Qts on all american. Do you all think the cpu will be able to run the ball?.
Yes I think the cpu will be able to run the ball. And you could always make the jump to the Heisman level.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-26-2008, 08:47 PM   #13
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Yep, on Heisman with proper sliders I've gotten gouged by Steve Slaton when I was using Marshall and I also got slaughtered by Jamal Charles using Minnesota.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Yep, on Heisman with proper sliders I've gotten gouged by Steve Slaton when I was using Marshall and I also got slaughtered by Jamal Charles using Minnesota.
I don't wanna talk about Slaton, White, or any other Moutaineer for that matter.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #15
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't wanna talk about Slaton, White, or any other Moutaineer for that matter.
heh heh
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »