Home

who is going to be the best team on ncaa 09

This is a discussion on who is going to be the best team on ncaa 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: who is going to be the best team on ncaa 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Why does everyone assume Rainey will be rated so highly? He is a kid who Redshirted last year when Florida had absolutely no RB's. I don't see how he can be a RS-Freshman but be a tremendous player in the game when he hasn't shown anything but some highlights at the Spring Game.
Well, DeMarco Murray was an 89 overall as a RS-Freshman.......... using that as a guide, I would say it's a virtual lock for Rainey to be at least an 86 overall.......... and he'll still have the 96 speed, so I can picture a lot of WR Reverse Options with Rainey, Tebow, and Harvin as the options..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

C'mon guys....you know it's gotta be FLORIDA STATE!!

I mean...aren't they always As across the board? Nevermind their mediocre records for the past millenia...it's the SEMINOLES BABY!!! [/sarcasm]

No offense to you Nole fans out there.
I seriously think the A days are over with, at least for now......... they took the 6 star prestige from us........ the only 90s rated players at the skill positions will be Parker (I think W'ford (87) and Antone (87) will stay the same), and on defense we will have Rolle, and maybe, just maybe, one of the CBs (Garvin, Carter, and P. Robinson will all probably be at least 87). A couple LBs will be close but don't think any will break the 90 mark. Overall, B+ offense, A- defense.

I agree with The Soldier about UF in general........... besides the aforementioned trio, don't forget Riley Cooper, 6'3" WR with 95 speed. I think they had some other guys with 96 speed in 08. I'm shaking in my boots already thinking about the Gators in NCAA, assuming speed is somewhat a be-all, end-all (hoping it's not).
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
The thing is you are Florida State, no matter how many bad years you have you can still turn it around like that.
Well that is the hope. Fisher very much believes in brining in Juco players to make an instant impact and we had the #1 Rated Juco class with Tavares Pressley, Corey Surrency, and Markus White. I am really excited about E.J. Manuel coming in as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Well, DeMarco Murray was an 89 overall as a RS-Freshman.......... using that as a guide, I would say it's a virtual lock for Rainey to be at least an 86 overall.......... and he'll still have the 96 speed, so I can picture a lot of WR Reverse Options with Rainey, Tebow, and Harvin as the options..........
The difference is Murray was the number one rated RB out of HS, Chris Rainey wasn't even in the Rivals 100 (EA/Athlon uses these rankings generally in evaluation). I know that isn't the end all be all of talent evaluation, but you can't give him much above an 80 when all he's done is have some impressive moves against a questionable defense in a Spring game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
I seriously think the A days are over with, at least for now......... they took the 6 star prestige from us........ the only 90s rated players at the skill positions will be Parker (I think W'ford (87) and Antone (87) will stay the same), and on defense we will have Rolle, and maybe, just maybe, one of the CBs (Garvin, Carter, and P. Robinson will all probably be at least 87). A couple LBs will be close but don't think any will break the 90 mark. Overall, B+ offense, A- defense.
Presuming players are rated correctly or in line with last year, Preston Parker should be in the 90's. Bert Reed and Brandon Paul each had 95 speed last year and should this year. I don't know if Taiwan Easterling will make it into the game but if he does he should be checking in with mid-90's speed as well.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see Everette Brown approach the 90's overall as well. As for the LB's, Nigel Bradham should have a really high rating, he's the #1 LB coming out of HS and had a tremendous spring. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the 84-86 range overall. At the very least he needs to be rated above Arthur Brown, especially considering the blazing 4.7 Brown ran this spring.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 AM   #35
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Murray > Rainey

It's not even debatable at this point in their careers and Murray was highly regarded out of HS. I'm as big of a Gator fan that you will find on this site, but there is no way that Rainey should be rated above 83. He saw the field a tad last year (special teams), but wasn't quite ready for a lot of action. His speed is undeniable so EA will crank up the rating based on whatever formula they use for OVR.

Needless to say, I can't wait to see Rainey on the field with Harvin, Murphy, CI, James, Cooper and maybe Moody, Deonte Thompson and obviously Tebow. Oh, the options!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Last I checked, Michigan beat Florida in their last game. Not sure what FCS teams have to do with anything anymore. Find some new material.
agreed, grow up already.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #37
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Loaded?

Uuuuhhh...sure.

C'mon guys....you know it's gotta be FLORIDA STATE!!

I mean...aren't they always As across the board? Nevermind their mediocre records for the past millenia...it's the SEMINOLES BABY!!! [/sarcasm]

No offense to you Nole fans out there.
You DO realize i'm cyber kickin' your *** don'tcha AA?
seriously tho...the REAL reason for the As... is EA has a few FSU alumni programmers...so i hear

AA MO

Last edited by Motown; 04-29-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #38
Rookie

randyf's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole

The difference is Murray was the number one rated RB out of HS, Chris Rainey wasn't even in the Rivals 100 (EA/Athlon uses these rankings generally in evaluation). I know that isn't the end all be all of talent evaluation, but you can't give him much above an 80 when all he's done is have some impressive moves against a questionable defense in a Spring game.
Hate to call you out like this but FALSE, Rivals had Murray as the 35th best prospect (4*) and 2nd best All Purpose Running back in the '06 class

Rainey was the 89th rated play (which I believe is in the top 100) and the 4th rated all purpose back in the nation.

I love proving a nole wrong, Don't believe me check Rivals.

I think Rainey will be in the mid 80's with high 90's speed

Best team will be #1UGA #2 OSU #3 USC #4 LSU #5 UF

PS that questionable D did hold the noles to 12 pts last year
Old 04-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

With me at the joystick - OSU and Hawai'i, LOL!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #40
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Should be Georgia IMO. They are going to be scary this year.

I'm a Florida fan and I don't see how Florida will be any less than A+ on offense. But their defense still has issues and should only be a B or so on the game.
Offensively, I figure Tebow and Harvin will be in the mid-90s; plus Murphy, Ingram, Trautwein, and Tartt in the low 90s. At RB Moody will probably be high 80s and Rainey mid-80s. Rainey was like 82 as a true freshman in NCAA 08 so don't tell me he shouldn't be higher than 83 in NCAA 09. (BTW Rainey ran a 4.27 40 this spring.)
Defensively I think you'll see the highest being Spikes around 90, Dunlap and Trattou and Doe in the high 80s, Antwine and Wright and Davis in the mid-80s. No one else really stands out.
Special teams should be pretty good with tons of good returners and a highly-touted freshman kicker. Overall expect an A- grade for UF as a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »