Home

NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA Sports: new Comparsion Video 08 vs. 09

I just hope they got rid of the computer qbs throwing strikes off their back foot when I get pressure. I want to see the passes become super inaccurate if they throw off their back foot. Also they should rarely attempt this. I'd like the QB's throw with their feet planted and if I bring pressure either throw the pass away, take the sack, or force a bad throw.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison

nice vids, i just hope EA has advanced gang tackleing , player interactions, and gotten rid of the scripted interceptions and i may actualy be prepared to enjoy EA footbal this year.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #59
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

scripted interceptions?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
And your right it will never be 2k
for some of us that is a good thing...(I liked certain elements of 2k football games but never liked the overall game better than EA's).

That video really pumped me up as it's little things like in that video that go a long way towards making the game just worlds better...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock
scripted interceptions?
yeah they were much more prominent in madden than NCAA but they were there. i was always one that when i threw a pick, i would anylise the replay to see where i made a bad read. EA was notorious for the ball warping into a defenders hands. sometimes leaving the qb's hand then taking an odd angle to the defender.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 05-20-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
for some of us that is a good thing...(I liked certain elements of 2k football games but never liked the overall game better than EA's).
Thats fine we all have our likes and dislikes, but there are somethings that no one can argue, Oline/Dline interaction is still better in 2ks 5 year old game, gang tackling and tackling in general is lacking in EA's game on a 100x more powerful system. It just blows my mind how they think that adding "convoy blocking" adds to realism. No matter how you slice it this is EA 101, add worthless features that sugar coat the real problems. And once again the majority is eating it up.

And another thing that I dont get is Football is a copy cat sport, take what the other game did better and its not opinion that its better its a FACT and try to copy it on a 100x better system, I just don't get it!

Last edited by Ram209; 05-20-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Thats fine we all have our likes and dislikes, but there are somethings that no one can argue, Oline/Dline interaction is still better in 2ks 5 year old game, gang tackling and tackling in general is lacking in EA's game on a 100x more powerful system.
Oh I 100% agree that all those things were done a lot better in 2k. I just didn't like the overall game better.

Quote:
It just blows my mind how they think that adding "convoy blocking" adds to realism.
Adding these sorts of details that make the game play more like real life is adding realism. It's just not adding an aspect of realism to what you place importance on.

Quote:
No matter how you slice it this is EA 101, add worthless features that sugar coat the real problems. And once again the majority is eating it up.
Again, you have to realize that what you state isn't fact, it's your opinion. These features may be worthless to you but for others they go a good deal towards making us feel more immersed in the game, thus increasing our enjoyment. Why wouldn't seeing features that you know will increase your enjoyment make you "eat that up"?

Quote:
And another thing that I dont get is Football is a copy cat sport, take what the other game did better and its not opinion that its better its a FACT and try to copy it on a 100x better system, I just don't get it!
I don't understand what you're saying here. What is a fact? That 2K was a better game on a lesser system? That's not fact, again that's simply your opinion.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
In the '08 clip, the QB was bouncing up & down while standing in the "pocket". In the '09 clip, the QB was shifting his legs instead of bouncing in-place. The emphasis was on his footwork.
I also saw the QB have a better side orientation on his drop back. The was better, but I hope different QBs have different releases.

Quote:
Boy I sure hate to be the one who brings REALITY to this love fest! Um how about instead of convoy blocking how bout a real QB pocket or here is a great idea actual oline/dline interaction. Once again this is EA throwing "fluff" at us and people loving it, we really are sheep. Not one of those cool new things will do anything to gameplay. Im sorry but like I said EA putting a new coat of paint on a crap engine, instead of fixing the core problem. Hey I coulb be wrong and the game could be great, but going on Ea track record I'm going to guess once again all hype no substance
I agree, they are wonderful at these kinds of videos. Same time last year we were on the boards were drooling the same way. A week after release so sad that we accidentally misplaced our money in EA/Tiburons pocket again. Maybe this year we can wait for OS's review or rent first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You are right. I think most would agree that the cpu QB AI was the biggest problem with last year's game. There were other issues but that was the biggest. Not just the tremendous amount of interceptions but also the fact they never went deep. Both were really terrible but I don't think we will find out if they are fixed at the community event. That usually features human vs. human play. There is very little vs. cpu games that go on. I can only hope that we hear more detailed impressions on that in the future by people who get beta or early copies.
I hope they play several games against the A.I. as well. If we all post this for those websites that are attending, this may happen.

My conclusion:
The vid was a great commercial for us who look and expect the little touches of football. There are still plenty of questions to be answered and presentation to be added.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »