Home

EA Sports: NCAA 2009 Team Ratings

This is a discussion on EA Sports: NCAA 2009 Team Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: EA Sports: NCAA 2009 Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Nevermind...I go back to my original statement then...F*** You EA ratings guys!!

Maybe one day our defense will be as good as the juggernauts from Michigan, Clemson, Cincinnati, Florida St, Miami, Ohio St, South Carolina, and Virginia Tech.

Those teams' defenses range from mediocre to straight up asstastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #42
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Hmmmmm....
2. Florida State dropped BIG TIME on offense to a 79 (also MUCH more accurate than that ridiculous 90+ rating).
To be honest, FSU has the talent to be a 90 on offense, but it is all on the back of our average QBs and coaching. Decody Fagg was one of the few WRs that left and we still have Parker, Carr, and that 5 star JUCO transfer. Hopefully Smith at HB will be better this year and we have more strength at FB.

Time will tell if Jimbo Fisher is actually going to turn the program around with the talent he has and a top 10 recruiting class.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:33 AM   #43
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
To be honest, FSU has the talent to be a 90 on offense, but it is all on the back of our average QBs and coaching. Decody Fagg was one of the few WRs that left and we still have Parker, Carr, and that 5 star JUCO transfer. Hopefully Smith at HB will be better this year and we have more strength at FB.

Time will tell if Jimbo Fisher is actually going to turn the program around with the talent he has and a top 10 recruiting class.
EA has been rating FSU on "potential" for 5 years now.

It's time they actually started getting penalized ratings wise for recurring .500 seasons and Emerald and Music City bowl berths.

What has everyone ticked about the Noles (and justifiably so) is that while other teams that are more deserving due to performance ON THE FIELD are getting the proverbial "shaft" ratings wise every year.....teams like FSU and Miami are still getting rated like NC contenders, even if EA doesn't "rank" them.

Hell...Miami was UNRANKED in NCAA 08..and rated an A- on offense and an A- on defense. With that rating...they were probably one of the top 5-8 rated teams in the game which is ridiculous.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

wow 91? i would think lsu would be aleast a 94 or somthing and our d should be atleast a 97 and our offense should be 91
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #45
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUTIGERS09
wow 91? i would think lsu would be aleast a 94 or somthing and our d should be atleast a 97 and our offense should be 91

Cry me a freaking river.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

Offensive production has little to do with talent. Some of the most prolific offensive machines in NCAA history are a result of scheme. Texas Tech, BYU, Kansas, Boise State etc.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #47
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yes...it means something.

Hell...Kodiak, Candyman, and I have been scrimmaging each other in 08 the last few weeks.

I'm Auburn. Kodiak is FSU. Candyman is Miami.

Auburn, who is ranked 13th in 08, is VASTLY inferior ratings wise to both the Noles and the Canes on here.

It's like trying to get through a brick wall against Miami's O and D lines with AU's O and D lines.

That normally wouldn't be a problem...if FSU and Miami were both coming off 3-4 consecutive 10+ win seasons...instead of wallowing in mediocrity the last half decade.

Miami is unranked and FSU is 23rd in 08..and both are rated like Top 5 Teams.

That BS is what drives me INSANE with EA's ratings every year. Because its always the same.
miami had like 13 top recruits this year.... miami has been down for 2 years, not the past 5. We have 2 great running backs and a great d. the problem was the quarterback. and now that the waste of talent named kyle wright is gone. The U may actually have a a decent offense this year. and a good year.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #48
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
It's time they actually started getting penalized ratings wise for recurring .500 seasons and Emerald and Music City bowl berths.
Not going to happen any time soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »