Home

Madden>NCAA?????

This is a discussion on Madden>NCAA????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #17
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden>NCAA?????

I've always liked ncaa as the better game. Last year was the 1st time i really didnt get into madden. These are big differences from 08 though. Madden has wide open gameplay but their not shoving it down our throats like ncaa is. Its more like we have a new running engine among other things. I read the ign articcle i could tell from the vids that Tiburon had brought in new talent.
Im comparing the game itself not nfl to college. If that was the case its college hands down.

Ncaa=mascot celebration
Madden=13 different Td celebrations.... Just fot Terrell Owens alone. Including the pom, pom dance
Old 05-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Is Madden still going to have the awful turnovers? If it does than they'll likely be even in the engine category. NCAA has online dynasty though, so there is no way Madden could be better.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 05-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #19
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
The differences, as every year, are going to be minimal. It's the same damn game engine. It's not like this is Coke versus Pepsi (that would be Madden versus 2K); it's more like Diet Pepsi Lemon versus Diet Pepsi Lime.
2pac is dead.... heads up, so is 2k football. live w/ it.
but thx for trying to turn this into another 2k vs EA. For the rec I had NFL 2K and thought it was the best football game ever, untill Madden 2000 hit the streets. Oh yea, 2k's college game was garbage and unplayable to me.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #20
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
but thx for trying to turn this into another 2k vs EA. For the rec I had NFL 2K and thought it was the best football game ever, untill Madden 2000 hit the streets. Oh yea, 2k's college game was garbage and unplayable to me.
My experiences with 2K are minimal. I remember buying CF 03 and never even played a full game because it was stiff and the uniforms were kind of goofy as well. I bought it to try the recruiting engine and it was nowhere what EA's was. I never understood everyone's love for 2K but if you like it, you like it, I guess.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Try not to pull out your wagging finger emoticon without actually reading what it is that I said. My point was simply that it's kind of silly to play up comparisons with NCAA and Madden when they are using the exact same game engine, share the same game code and are 95% identical. The differences between the two are invariably cosmetic, not substantial. When you have to legitimately different game engines (let's say FIFA versus WE, if the mere mention of 2K gives you the willies), then you actually have something to talk about. They model the game differently. Madden and NCAA are going to model the game identically, and the debate will basically be over minutia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I just watched some of the Madden videos and it looks very nice.

I still think in the end, NCAA will get the most attention, just because dynasty mode is better than franchise mode.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #23
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
I've been looking at videos, screenshots and updates daily for Ncaa. I just recently checked out Madden's newest article and video on ign. Now I cant help but think about the differences of budgets and staff. Ive been a ncaa guy since Ive played football games, but Madden IMO looks leaps and bounds ahead of ncaa. The fact that you can still attempt moves like juke, spin, and stiff arm while being dragged down is a huga adv.

IMO Presentation is better in madden. They actually do an analysis on the previous play w/ graphics highlighting the open wr. All new commentators is always good, especially when replacing an unknown radio guy. The article also states how there are specific audio commentary recorded for each rivalry in the NFL(can you say college atmosphere).

Graphically madden is far sharper, I assume this is directly tied to the Nfl's 32 teams and Ncaa 120 among other things.

My pet peeve- After seeing videos with Al Harris' dreads (tied i may add). did i mention they move. I cant help but wonder what happened to these things in Ncaa. Alot More players have dreads in college than Nfl.

IMO....

Online Dynasty > flowing dreadlocks

Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #24
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
From a technical standpoint it appears Madden will be making the bigger leap forward this year, but as a cfb nut I'm definitely more geeked about NCAA.
Yeah, from what we've seen so far, it looks like Madden has taken a bigger leap forward, but IMO it's partly because they were further behind NCAA at this point... so the changes to Madden seem huge in comparison.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »