Home

EA Sports and the Lack of concern for Small Schools

This is a discussion on EA Sports and the Lack of concern for Small Schools within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:00 AM   #17
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: EA Sports and the Lack of concern for Small Schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
It PAINS me that App. St. is left out yet again. As for the argument that EA should only care about the larger schools that is total BS. Loads of people here buy NCAA and college football fans everywhere, no matter what school or division, buy NCAA. You don't have to be from a powerhouse school to be a major college football fan. Trust me EA gets just as many sales from the many mid-major/smaller schools as they do from the big time schools, and it pisses a lot of people off that EA shows no respect to their school because in the grand scheme of college football their school is not very important. Thats great but its important to the alumni/fans/students of that school that they be represented in the best way possible. I personally used to buy NCAA yearly, and haven't for the past 2 years because I'm tired of the blatant disrespect from EA. They couldn't care less and aren't afraid to let people know by the way certain teams are represented in the game. Anytime I get into a conversation about NCAA football with fellow FCS fans, they practically always say they have no interest or care whatsoever to purchase another NCAA game until the FCS and their team is shown some respect.
You get the point of my post exactly. I personally think they should do D1aa or FCS right. Maybe by even making them their own game. I really want them in NCAA complete with a playoff and realistic ratings.

After last year's amazing upset of Michigan, App st more than belongs in the game. I would love to play that game and try to pull the upset.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #18
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
You get the point of my post exactly. I personally think they should do D1aa or FCS right. Maybe by even making them their own game. I really want them in NCAA complete with a playoff and realistic ratings.

After last year's amazing upset of Michigan, App st more than belongs in the game. I would love to play that game and try to pull the upset.
Sorry but EA would never do a FCS game that didn't include FBS teams..
Old 05-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #19
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
It PAINS me that App. St. is left out yet again. As for the argument that EA should only care about the larger schools that is total BS. Loads of people here buy NCAA and college football fans everywhere, no matter what school or division, buy NCAA. You don't have to be from a powerhouse school to be a major college football fan. Trust me EA gets just as many sales from the many mid-major/smaller schools as they do from the big time schools, and it pisses a lot of people off that EA shows no respect to their school because in the grand scheme of college football their school is not very important. Thats great but its important to the alumni/fans/students of that school that they be represented in the best way possible. I personally used to buy NCAA yearly, and haven't for the past 2 years because I'm tired of the blatant disrespect from EA. They couldn't care less and aren't afraid to let people know by the way certain teams are represented in the game. Anytime I get into a conversation about NCAA football with fellow FCS fans, they practically always say they have no interest or care whatsoever to purchase another NCAA game until the FCS and their team is shown some respect.
No kidding. I'm from North Dakota and I don't even really have a team to cheer for, but I've still purchased NCAA for the last 8 years and so have a lot of my friends.

I would love NDSU in there and a lot of other smaller schools.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 05-27-2008, 05:51 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
No, you missed the point. I was pretty sure our expansion wasn't going to be in there. Just hopefully. That isn't he issue. Finding out that our default uniforms is being left out again is the bigger issue for me. No alternate, that should be our default anyway is the issue. The Tulsa issue is bothersome to me too, but that at least makes a little sense, but still.

The good news with you UCF guys working on the game maybe our conference will get some much needed love next year. Thanks for pointing that out to me cause there is hope that the uniforms and the expansion will be added for next year.

Thanks for your post though. I really respect you guys at UCF and I'm glad to have you guys in the conference. Thinking of making the trip to check out your new stadium this year too. Good luck to you guys. With us breaking in a new coach and new offense, it could be tough year for us.

I have to say, UCF=pure class. I really love your school and just class programs.
i appreciate the kind words, and honestly, i feel the same about USM. ECU is a different story... whiny little babies.

I suggest you do come down. Plenty to do in orlando and if last year is any indicator of how this years gameday atmosphere is gonna be, you will definitely love the tailgating and game. That stadium and the way things are growing on campus has really put a jolt into gamedays. It's great.

I'll be real interested to see how you all do this year, though I know in a couple seasons you will be right back up. Fletcher is some back.

But i'm getting off topic and i apologize. Having our grads working there should help out the conference, as they have already helped our teams ratings get up (the grads talked management into it). And i mean Rice is the second best rated team in the conference... Now if Ben would stop being such an FSU homer and quit overrating them we should be good to go with these games.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
To be honest EA's attempt at Div1AA schools was pathetic.

No one was rated higher than 70 and the athletic ratings were pathetic. There was no one with speed higher than like 88.
yea this drove me crazy, and they didn't have to do that on the ps2 because awareness was the focal attribute, which it should be. If they were to include 1AA teams on the next gen consoles, they would have to do it like they used to, because now speed is the focal attribute. Speed is great and helps win games, but EA has made the awareness and experience attributes to the point where they have no affect on the game. Speed alone is what determines these games on the new consoles, which is sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #22
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

Adding Div IAA schools wouldn't be beneficial to people because it is catering to a VERY small niche. Would people pay $60 to play as their small school in Rhode Island (with 70s for rankings) against people who are power teams like Ohio State or USC? They would get beaten every time online and not get as much mileage out of the game.

I went to a huge Div IA school so maybe I am a little biased, but when you go to a school that basically has bleachers instead of a stadium, what is the point? Developers should spend their time elsewhere.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
Adding Div IAA schools wouldn't be beneficial to people because it is catering to a VERY small niche. Would people pay $60 to play as their small school in Rhode Island (with 70s for rankings) against people who are power teams like Ohio State or USC? They would get beaten every time online and not get as much mileage out of the game.

I went to a huge Div IA school so maybe I am a little biased, but when you go to a school that basically has bleachers instead of a stadium, what is the point? Developers should spend their time elsewhere.
Yes you are very biased. Trust me, there are thousands upon thousands of college football fans that attend the smaller schools. Again people seem to think that only the major schools have any real fans. Every team has big time fans, some more than others, but the small schools still have those hardcore college football fans.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #24
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g

I would love to see Div I-AA teams in. I never went to college, and joined the Marines out of highschool if that has any bearing on this whole discussion...Which I guess it does since I don't fit the mold that the bigger school junkies are talking about the ... "No one would be interested in Div I-AA teams other than the folks who were alumni of that school"...and yet still have a high interest in Div I-AA.

I would like to use a team like Norfolk St in a dynasty, and do good and be offered a contract to a bigger FBS school (a la 2K's CH) or a conf. invite...Something like that would be cool...

Having a roster filled w/ players w/ ratings below 80 or lower wouldn't bother me either.

Basically, it's ALL college football and should very well be a part of a college football game.

Look how a loss to a FCS team can be... a la App. St and Michigan. Michigan losing changed the whole landscape of their conf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »