Home

only complaint about EA

This is a discussion on only complaint about EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
only complaint about EA

I hate to complain but i can't help but feel that when it comes to rosters that EA doesn't do their homework.

I saw some screens of player ratings for Nebraska and they are not just a little off but really, really off. In 08 they had have our CBs as safety's which was annoying but not terrible. This year i see our qb speed is so slow which is crap, our back up qb is #3, they have it as #7, our 3rd team QB is #18 but in reality is #6. Our 2nd team RB is now a linebacker and was moved to that position in early March so they had ample time to fix it and didn't. Our real life 2nd team running back is 4th team in the game. Our 3rd team in the game probably won't even play this year because he broke his leg last year and definetely didn't deserve the rating they gave him. Our real life 3rd team running back they have at fullback and speedster WR is 86 spd which is slower than any of our other recievers. Our 2nd team tight end is #44 in reality but on the game someone has them at #3 which in reality is our QB and Safety.

I really don't mean to complain but even a simple, routine glance at any sports site you can look up players and their numbers and get it closer, hell i'd even do it for them for nebraska if they needed and i'm sure if your a true fan you'd do it for your school too and email them in to EA for a small fee and maybe for nothing, just piece of mind that it was done right.

I look forward to 09, just wish they would have better attention to details.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: only complaint about EA

Meh, the ratings are either really accurate or bogus.

Some are spot on some are what in the blue hell football games were EA watching.

Some players have great years and progress no points from 08 to 09.

Some players didn't play a down in 08 and progress 3-5 points in 09.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've talked to Fairdale about this and the reason for most of this inaccuracy is EA asks the universities to supply them the information and often the university person in charge is not a football person and they will provide old, outdate or simply inaccurate information.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

This would be an issue if rosters couldn't be edited.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #5
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

From all the RU screens I saw only 1 Freshman has their right number.

And some of the numbers they have given the Freshman make no sense.

No one will be wearing Ray Rice's 27 or Brian Leonard's 23 for a long time.

Same goes for Jeremy Ito's number 1 which in the game is given to DC Jefferson who will be wearing either 9 or 10. He hasn't decided. However at the spring game kicker San San Te was wearing 1 instead of his normal 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
From all the RU screens I saw only 1 Freshman has their right number.

And some of the numbers they have given the Freshman make no sense.

No one will be wearing Ray Rice's 27 or Brian Leonard's 23 for a long time.

Same goes for Jeremy Ito's number 1 which in the game is given to DC Jefferson who will be wearing either 9 or 10. He hasn't decided. However at the spring game kicker San San Te was wearing 1 instead of his normal 12.
I find it hard to criticize EA for not having the numbers right for incoming freshmen who haven't chosen their numbers yet. It bugs me when they get numbers wrong on some freshmen that came in early, but for the ones who haven't chosen one, they just get whatever is open near their number.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
This would be an issue if rosters couldn't be edited.
It's an issue for those that play online.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 05-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
I find it hard to criticize EA for not having the numbers right for incoming freshmen who haven't chosen their numbers yet. It bugs me when they get numbers wrong on some freshmen that came in early, but for the ones who haven't chosen one, they just get whatever is open near their number.
Hell out of the 3 early enrolled Freshman Rutgers had, 1 of them has their right number Stroud at 83. Shimko number 12 QB isn't even in the game, and Art Forst LT 77 is 67 in the game.

I don't know if EA has duplicate numbers because there is a Freshman WR on RU with 17 when we have a Junior OLB who has been wearing that number for 3 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »