Home

How Excited are you?

This is a discussion on How Excited are you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: How Excited are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I agree with J-Unit. I am way too excited.
Have to agree...can't wait for this game.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #10
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

How excited?

Like a crackhead getting his first hit in a year!

I don't care what they add to Madden..it's still the same old stale PRO football layout.

NCAA just has soooooooo much more depth, etc. it blows Madden away.

I can only take playing against Peyton Manning for 10 straight seasons and playing the saaaaame teams all the time.

Recruiting, Option offense, LOADS of high profile powerhouse teams, etc.

Please....NCAA is my addiction.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #11
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
How excited?

Like a crackhead getting his first hit in a year!

I don't care what they add to Madden..it's still the same old stale PRO football layout.

NCAA just has soooooooo much more depth, etc. it blows Madden away.

I can only take playing against Peyton Manning for 10 straight seasons and playing the saaaaame teams all the time.

Recruiting, Option offense, LOADS of high profile powerhouse teams, etc.

Please....NCAA is my addiction.
Is this safe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I was excited until I heard no progressive lighting. I'm sure it'll come back as time grows closer till release. Im sure a new EA trailer or the demo will get me right back on track tho, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I was excited until I heard no progressive lighting. I'm sure it'll come back as time grows closer till release. Im sure a new EA trailer or the demo will get me right back on track tho, lol.
yeah, no progressive lighting was a punch in the gut. But after watching videos again, re-reading whats in the game, and looking at pics of my beloved Cardinals, I quickly recovered.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I look at the list of things posted that are getting you all excited.....and I'm just thinking, a lot of those things are things that used to be in the game that EA took out....or are corrections on last year's game that needed to be fixed.

Crowds that get smaller depending on who you're playing.....while that is cool, I haven't missed it since they took it out 3-4 years ago.

Realistic player models....don't they say this every year?

"wide open gameplay", I'm still not sure what the hell this is supposed to mean....you can juke left and right, breaking the animation?

Tons of new animations? Like what? bobbled catches...which I guarantee someone will complain about it happening too much.

Pre snap adjustments....something that has been in the game....this isn't really new.

slightly improved presentation???? I laugh at that. No pregame, no half time, no post game, no bowl celebrations, no conference championship celebration, no rivalry game celebration.....nothing!!!! For the last 4 years!!!!

They fixed the turnover problem? Well thank GOD!

I don't play online, so the online Dynasty for me is a wash....but I can understand everyone else loving this.

For me the biggest thing is the customizable soundtrack, since War Eagle is not allowed to be in the game.

When I think College Football, I think atmosphere......something that has been missing from the NCAA series for YEARS.

I just can't get excited about this game. Obviously I'm alone in that.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanbox360
I look at the list of things posted that are getting you all excited.....and I'm just thinking, a lot of those things are things that used to be in the game that EA took out....or are corrections on last year's game that needed to be fixed.

Crowds that get smaller depending on who you're playing.....while that is cool, I haven't missed it since they took it out 3-4 years ago.

Realistic player models....don't they say this every year?

"wide open gameplay", I'm still not sure what the hell this is supposed to mean....you can juke left and right, breaking the animation?

Tons of new animations? Like what? bobbled catches...which I guarantee someone will complain about it happening too much.

Pre snap adjustments....something that has been in the game....this isn't really new.

slightly improved presentation???? I laugh at that. No pregame, no half time, no post game, no bowl celebrations, no conference championship celebration, no rivalry game celebration.....nothing!!!! For the last 4 years!!!!

They fixed the turnover problem? Well thank GOD!

I don't play online, so the online Dynasty for me is a wash....but I can understand everyone else loving this.

For me the biggest thing is the customizable soundtrack, since War Eagle is not allowed to be in the game.

When I think College Football, I think atmosphere......something that has been missing from the NCAA series for YEARS.

I just can't get excited about this game. Obviously I'm alone in that.
Sorry man, but you pretty much are.

After the game is released and a few of us are providing feedback, you might become excited about the game. Then again you may not and thats cool too. I just wouldn't completely write it off, especially if you played and enjoyed '08.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
How do I feel? The opposite of what you feel. I am amped! This will hardly be NCAA 08:

- User control
- Realistic player models
- "Wide-open gameplay"
- Improved playbooks (over 800 new plays and many new formations)
- On-line dynasty
- Decreased on-line lag (I'll wait and see if this has been reduced)
- Tons of new animations
- More realistic QB release
- Improved tackling
- Pre snap adjustments, not just a static defense
- Alternate uniforms
- Customized stadium sounds
- Improved recruiting model (not as time consuming)
- New lighting model (I know the time relative lighting isn't there)
- Slightly improved presentation (more collegiate feel than just stadium pans)
- Dynamic crowd attendance
- Oh, and the turnover fest of '08 is a thing of the past!

Did I forget something?

I know I said it before, but yes. I am amped!
What he said! This is the most excited I can remember being about an NCAA game........I think ever. One big reason is we know the "warts" before going in. Yes I don't like some of the negatives either but there is no feeling of dread for me like "wtf are we going to find that could ruin our game?" this year. Honestly that is because the EA guys have come here and talked to us quite a bit. I have a high comfortable level with buying the game this year.

For me the biggest source of excitement comes from the online dynasties. I've always wanted to participate in a dynamic dynasty with other users and never have had the chance. That and the wide open gameplay, finally my Hawai'i Warriors will be able to play the way they were meant to be played as they do in real life. And did I mention the graphics and lighting look KILLER? 39 days baby!!!!!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »