Home

S.W.A.

This is a discussion on S.W.A. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
stewaat

OVR:
S.W.A.

Welcome to the first meeting of Speed Whore's Anonymous!

You know who you are, I'll begin.

Hi, my name's Jess and I'm a speed whore. I find myself neglecting every attribute other than speed. If I see the magic number, 4.16, I recruit this player no matter what. For all I know he could be armless but I would still recruit him.

QBs- I look for speed here too. Despite EA actually making it more difficult to scramble in recent versions I still like my QB to have speed. Do I scramble much? Nope. However if I do he needs to be able to run...who cares about his 81 THP & THA!?

HBs- If you're 40-time is over 4.35 I will not give you the time of day. So what if you're 6-4, 175. If you run fast I could care less how you hold up and the fact you fumble whenever grazed doesn't matter.

FBs- Hello flares out of the backfield! You may crumble when faced with an opposing LB but when I call play action and you're in the flat you better get some yards!

WRs- I don't even bother looking at hands. 40-time, that's all. Height doesn't matter either. How tall do you have to be to catch a WR Screen? Exactly.

TEs- Once again blocking isn't important. Play action, open space, get yards...it's simple.

O-line- When pulling I need speedy guys! The 6-7, 350 guys are alright but give me that little guy who will get around a corner and make the block.

D-line- For DE's I really focus on speed for some reason. Oh yea that's right because fast guys can run right by the o-line. Fast guys = more sacks.

LBs- Gotta be able to chase down ball carriers! Who cares if the guy can tackle if he can't run down the QB?! I want my LB's to fly around the field regardless of their tackling ability.

Secondary- Due to EA's INT slider not affecting gameplay at all you can 100% neglect catching ability. Give me the corner with 4.24 speed or better and let him just run around. He'll make plays even if he's a 3-star guy.

Kickers/Punters- It's pretty important because they are the last line of defense! Ok I'm kidding I don't focus on their speed. Do I look at it? Yes I do hahahahaha.

Share your stories

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: S.W.A.

Hi, my name's sweettouch and I'm a speed whore. i find myself recruiting nothing but speed at the skills position If a 4* is much faster than his counter part at 5* i will probably recruit the 4* harder

I have never been cleaned please help

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »