Home

New Running Animation video from MAdSCI

This is a discussion on New Running Animation video from MAdSCI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New Running Animation video from MAdSCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
Actually here at OS we want a true SIM because we find too much exaggeration boring.
I get what you are saying. Ive been trying to play sim football since 1989. But you know what, if we actually got sim football... we might find it lacking in excitement. Just a thought.

One of those things... be careful what you ask for.

Good example? Vision Cone. Most people HATE it (some like it) and even some "sim guys" hate it. But the vision cone is pretty darn realistic.

Again just some thoughts.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
This is supposed to be a good thing? Why do they think folks won't like players that actually adhere to physics? As long as there were animations for planting, accelerating, ect, I doubt anyone would be upset.

What makes you say that? It's sports. It's already entertainment. Professional athletes can already do things most of us couldn't dream of doing. I doubt anyone would be upset replicating the amazing things we see every Saturday/Sunday.
But those things happen once in a blue moon. Most gamebreaking running backs have just a handful of highlight runs in a season. Would you be ok with that? Not saying you wouldnt, but most people would not want that. And as we know, EA is always going to cater to the masses, because they are a business, that is their job.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

I just want some of these reflex-EA bashers to step back in time and look at the promo ads for NFL2K5 and remember one of the 'features' of THAT game...I'm too lazy to get a link of T.O. doing EXACTLY the same things in that supposed paragon of sim-football excellence!

ALL games have issues, what matters the most is whether or not people can CHOOSE to see past the flaws and have fun or not...if you cannot, do yourself a favor and stop reading about NCAA 2009 and Madden 2009...you'll only find reasons to hate everything and more reasons to post (for the 12,000,000th time) about how EA is the devil and the NFL contract is hell and 2K rulez...
Old 06-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

I find it so funny that every basher continue's to visit the same boards of a game's they dislike and a Company they dislike. Its simple to me if you dont like the game dont buy it. And why in the world are you wasting your time in a forume of a game that you dislike so much.

You dont see me visiting the Espn 2k5/APF2k8 thread saying wow these guys runs so stiff, the defense is a joke ect......... If you like your players stiff as day go play Madden 06 (next gen) or any 2K football game.

I like a realistic football game but it has to be balanced so that it is also fun. Seeing it is a football video game,I do think that some animations look a bit weird but Im not gonna bash the game to all ends because of it. It looks alot better this year and Im sure it will get even better next year.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #21
stewaat

OVR:

A) The guy is just button mashing to show us what crazy moves there are.
B) I can't wait to figure out how to string them together to make people look stupid.

It's just like Isomotion on 2K basketball IMO

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #22
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

At least you have to slow down considerably to do moves. Still, that looks pretty bad.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #23
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
I find it so funny that every basher continue's to visit the same boards of a game's they dislike and a Company they dislike. Its simple to me if you dont like the game dont buy it. And why in the world are you wasting your time in a forume of a game that you dislike so much.

You dont see me visiting the Espn 2k5/APF2k8 thread saying wow these guys runs so stiff, the defense is a joke ect......... If you like your players stiff as day go play Madden 06 (next gen) or any 2K football game.

I like a realistic football game but it has to be balanced so that it is also fun. Seeing it is a football video game,I do think that some animations look a bit weird but Im not gonna bash the game to all ends because of it. It looks alot better this year and Im sure it will get even better next year.
Yall catching mad feelings about comments that are true! 2k has its flaws but thanks to the NFL & EA we dont have a game to complain about. They wanted to be the only game & they got it. Its not the flaws but the same ones year end & year out...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:45 PM   #24
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

well at least the models are more fluid this year, but knowing you all i'm sure someone will start complaining about them looking too loose.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »