Home

New Running Animation video from MAdSCI

This is a discussion on New Running Animation video from MAdSCI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2008, 02:06 AM   #25
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: New Running Animation video from MAdSCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I just want some of these reflex-EA bashers to step back in time and look at the promo ads for NFL2K5 and remember one of the 'features' of THAT game...I'm too lazy to get a link of T.O. doing EXACTLY the same things in that supposed paragon of sim-football excellence!

ALL games have issues, what matters the most is whether or not people can CHOOSE to see past the flaws and have fun or not...if you cannot, do yourself a favor and stop reading about NCAA 2009 and Madden 2009...you'll only find reasons to hate everything and more reasons to post (for the 12,000,000th time) about how EA is the devil and the NFL contract is hell and 2K rulez...

That looks fine to me.

I could go back and check again but I'm pretty sure you were the first person to bring up 2k in this thread. Why? The NCAA video looked bad. A lot of the crap that happened in that video should not happen on the football field... EVER.

If seeing a wall of complaints against EA hurts your feelings then leave the thread. All of these complaints are warranted and need to be made if we want the Madden and NCAA series' to continue making progress like they seem to be this year.

Am I going to buy the game? Yes. Am I going to enjoy it? Probably. Did that video look bad? Yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2008, 02:26 AM   #26
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

I actually like that 2K video. It isn't possible to do any of that in ncaa 08 is it?

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:38 AM   #27
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock
I actually like that 2K video. It isn't possible to do any of that in ncaa 08 is it?
Not sure. I think it was pretty much juke, stop, spin. There will be a lot more variety this year.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:43 AM   #28
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Not sure. I think it was pretty much juke, stop, spin. There will be a lot more variety this year.
Yea that's all I ever found when I'd do something on the sticks but I wasn't sure since i never went down and then right or whatnot like that video said.

I'm afraid ea nerfed the defense quite a bit just to show off this total run feature.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #29
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnzworth
But those things happen once in a blue moon. Most gamebreaking running backs have just a handful of highlight runs in a season. Would you be ok with that? Not saying you wouldnt, but most people would not want that. And as we know, EA is always going to cater to the masses, because they are a business, that is their job.
There'd be the same amount of highlights. It would still be up to a HUM defender to tackle a ball carrier, acting under the same laws of physics. Against the CPU, the AI would be easier to juke on lower difficulty levels. I don't see how putting more realistic physics in the game would curb highlights.

I'm not saying make the game harder. I'm saying make the movements realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
I find it so funny that every basher continue's to visit the same boards of a game's they dislike and a Company they dislike. Its simple to me if you dont like the game dont buy it. And why in the world are you wasting your time in a forume of a game that you dislike so much.
It's only funny because you think of it as bashing. I'd imagine folks complaining about the game want to like it and are hoping for change. Especially with EA developers on the boards now, you don't think it's a good idea for folks to voice their dissatisfaction? Complaints have already triggered the developer in charge of animation to ask if we would really like a sim mode with more realistic physics. Without these complaints, it wouldn't even be a thought over at EA.

I don't know where, but EA somehow hears from "casual gamers" that they like this stuff. Sometimes I think the hardcore gamers voice the casual opinion more than the casual fan does. Would you like us to remain totally silent so that ONLY the casual point of view is heard?

Check my sig. That's a quote I pulled from one of Ian's post. Until he proves otherwise, I'm going to assume he actually wants to create the most realistic football experience. I doubt he'd even say that here if not for us bashers saying that's what we want.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #30
Rookie

aldogg's Arena

OVR: 2

This might sound like a silly question; but if EA makes NCAA and Madden for the casual gamer, then why do they make NFL Street as well?

I don't mind EA making the games look more spectacular or even more accessible to the casual gamer. My main worry is that EA seems to put "New Moves" in every year that allow "Joystick Jockeys" the ability to beat a well called defense over and over again. The simulation aspect is ruined for me when I feel cheated play after play. (QB sneak) It's the unstoppable play that strikes fear in my heart. I think most hardcore gamers share the same concern.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #31
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I just want some of these reflex-EA bashers to step back in time and look at the promo ads for NFL2K5 and remember one of the 'features' of THAT game...I'm too lazy to get a link of T.O. doing EXACTLY the same things in that supposed paragon of sim-football excellence!

ALL games have issues, what matters the most is whether or not people can CHOOSE to see past the flaws and have fun or not...if you cannot, do yourself a favor and stop reading about NCAA 2009 and Madden 2009...you'll only find reasons to hate everything and more reasons to post (for the 12,000,000th time) about how EA is the devil and the NFL contract is hell and 2K rulez...
Sound the trumpets... in rides the EA calvary. And NO, the T.O. video did not defy the laws of momentum as this video does.

I am all for branching animations as nothing is worse then being stuck in animation. However, they still should be governed by real world physics. Why not just let players jump 10 feet high and warp to the ball then...

Oh wait, they used to do that to. Maybe your sad they took that out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:

Someone already posted the video you referred to so no need to repost. But had to say - I don't think anyone one mentioned 2K until you went there. Sometimes people hear (or see) what they want to see; it's not always 2K fans rabble-rousing and causing problems. I've said repeatedly I think the left stick juke option Tiburon is implementing is a fantastic idea. But because of the way the core gameplay is, there seems to be little to no physics involved, pretty much negating the feature's usefulness - based on what we've seen so far. I'm pretty sure that's the reason we haven't seen one in-game video to date where it's been used. Tiburon did momentum fairly well in last gen NCAA and they chose to go away from it. Why does it have to be hate because someone comments on a perceived game issue

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »