Home

So How Many of You Just Cannot Stand NCAA Next-Gen's Gameplay Engine?

This is a discussion on So How Many of You Just Cannot Stand NCAA Next-Gen's Gameplay Engine? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #17
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: So How Many of You Just Cannot Stand NCAA Next-Gen's Gameplay Engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
What interception bug?
He probably just means the CPU QB turnovers.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Help me out here... I see a talk about animations and gameplay tuning... but "engine?" What is a gameplay engine anyway?

Just wondering why this term gets thrown around so often.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #19
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
you can't really compare a sport game to a free roam/shooter/adventure/whatever genre you want to call it type game. plus in GTA IV, the Euphoria engine is not the whole game, its only when people have contact i believe(still cool though). a 11 on 11 game where most of them are "in contact" would be quite a challenge, thats why a lot of people are looking at that backbreaker game to see what it can do.

as for the monopoly, EA can't help that they were able to outbid the other companies when the NFL and NCAA(i think they did too) offered the exclusive contract to the highest bider.
ok maybe the gta example is a stretch, but if i believe the euphoria engine was originally made for sports games. Euphoria themselves produced backbreaker, which if it ever comes out looks to be a pretty amazing game of football. All im trying to say is that no one really knows the true boundries of naturalmotion and it would really be awesome if EA could incorporate it into it's sports games
Old 06-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #20
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Help me out here... I see a talk about animations and gameplay tuning... but "engine?" What is a gameplay engine anyway?

i think what the original poster meant was the phyisics of the game and the way the players move. I personally think 09 looks the best in this respect out of any of the football games i have ever played. But i do think it could be better
Old 06-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Certainly there is a main framework or "engine" that the game is built on. Basically the base game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you guys don't build this game from the ground up every year. There is basic gameplay that carries over from year to year, but for example if you use last year's game and do nothing to the code for the O-line blocking, then it looks the same year after year. I guess the base code is the engine we speak of.

So when something stays the same year after year, this is what we refer to as the engine. When something stays broken for year after year like the automatic FG's in the PS2(The AI never misses wide right or left)....Then we say the engine is broken otherwise why wouldn't the programmers fix this?

I have no Idea why they ever abandoned the old button system to kick, it was so much better and Humans and AI could actually miss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
i think what the original poster meant was the phyisics of the game and the way the players move. I personally think 09 looks the best in this respect out of any of the football games i have ever played. But i do think it could be better
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The Engine of the game is a combination of hundreds of things working together. The reason why it appears better on PS2 is because it has been through years of turning and tweaking, whereas next gen is 3 years old and we are on our third player model.

The way the players move and all that is the animation system, which is new on NCAA and Madden 09.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #23
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

i think I can feel the weight of the players better with the current engine.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #24
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The Engine of the game is a combination of hundreds of things working together. The reason why it appears better on PS2 is because it has been through years of turning and tweaking, whereas next gen is 3 years old and we are on our third player model.

The way the players move and all that is the animation system, which is new on NCAA and Madden 09.
maybe ours will be perfect in ncaa 13, i hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »