Home

NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #33
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: ***OFFICIAL NCAA 09 Demo Discussion & Impressions***

yo check out the screen plays this year. My Goodness the blockers wait for the play to be set up and the rb fakes the screens damn i cant wait until July 15

WAIT A MINUTE I GUESS I HAVE NO CHOICE.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-19-2008, 06:58 AM   #34
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Great demo. Just finished my first game and i played as LSU and i lost to Ohio St. 3-0 on a late 4th quater fg. Ohio St was able to throw the ball down the field with little trouble. Ohio St did throw 2 interceptions and i threw 1. I didn't complete alot of passes. At one point i beleve i was 4/20. With 1 second left in the game i had to throw a hale marry to try and win the game what was really cool Ohio St had sent 4 extra db's back. One of them knocked down the pass. It wasn't going to make it in to the end zone in the first place.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:14 AM   #35
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I just played one game I was Ohio State, I won easily 21-0.

The stadiums , field and players look great, the crowd looks horrible.
The feel of the game was fairly smooth, players moved well and reacted well.
I was still able to scramble out to the right or left and hit the WR on the crossing pattern 90% of the time, not good, makes the game too easy.
I like being able to break out of some tackles with the HB. I had one nice 17 yard run where I broke a tackle and hurdled over another defender and got in for the TD.

Hot routing on offense seemed to work well. I sent the outside WR on a deep post because the defender was lined up tight on him, I had the feeling the WR would blow by him, he did, easy 6 points. When I tried it again the defender played off him a bit and stayed with him down the field so the defense did make the adjustment, that's a good thing.

Turnovers were not an issue. I got one INT after I coached my players to "get the ball back" Nice feature, they responded in kind with an INT. I also threw one INT, my fault never should have thrown into double coverage.

I noticed one person felt there were too many sacks. I had 3 sacks, all came when I blitzed the right and middle linebackers out of the 4-3 formation. The cpu sacked me once.

All in all I liked it, but I'll have to play at least half a season with the full game to give an complete impression of the game.

I'd say the demo is good enough for me to buy the full game.

Last edited by JMD; 06-19-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #36
Rookie

allconsoles's Arena

OVR: 5

i am going to guess # 2 is terrelle Pryor
Old 06-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #37
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
I might have to climb up on my desk and mount the monitor to get at your avatar.....
Eeeww....
Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #38
stewaat

OVR:

Very impressed!

Good:
QB movements are so much better!!! Too bad there's not a replay feature to check them out.
The RB jukes are NOT overdone. I felt like they flowed nicely.
Definitely have more control.
Nice new tackle animations in regards to single player tackles.
I felt like the CPU defense on Varsity did some things really well. They lined up a safety over one of my WRs on a 3rd & long. They ran a PERFECT HB screen on 3rd and goal...caught me sleeping...TD.
Looks great!!!
Return of HFA is a nice addition...really enjoyed it. Much tougher playing as LSU as opposed to OSU.

Bad:
Gang tackling still sucks IMO
One play their guy caught the ball and ran about 20 yards in the opposite direction
Had a ton of time to pass...I was picking apart both defenses...which are both rated very highly.

I really, really, really enjoy it.

First game: Ohio State 21 (Me), LSU 0
Second game: Ohio State 10, LSU 7 (Me)

Big plays were non-existent except for a INT for TD in my first game. Laurinatis picked off a pass, broke a tackle, went to the house.

Overall there were 4 INT's in the 2 games. The INT's I threw were stupid and I made one nice play where I deflected the ball up in the air and a teammate picked it off.

Can't wait to mess around with the QB Accuracy slider and pass rushing sliders.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 AM   #39
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I like what I see. The game has a very good feel, it should be a fun experience this year. Overall it just looks better in motion, much less clumsy than last year. Gameplay wise I saw some positive things, but I will say that the mechanic in place to create those big holes at the LoS seems a little bit too deliberate. I was impressed by the spread additions to LSU's playbook (though it is missing the pistol formation).

Overall it does look to be a solid improvement over last year not a huge improvement overall for the series and not really much of a step forward, if anything it seems more like a replacement foundation block for the series on this gen.

The thing that stood out to me the most in comparison to '08 was that this looks and feels much more like football.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 06-19-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #40
Rookie

kmp714's Arena

OVR: 2

It felt like the pass rush "bug" is a non issue. Now I wasn't able to get that much pressure with my front four, but that isn't any different than previous versions of NCAA.

And the cpu actually got some pressure on me, pretty good for playing on Varsity.

You see we were all worried about nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »