Home

Top Five NCAA Football Games of All Time

This is a discussion on Top Five NCAA Football Games of All Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #57
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9
I think my favorite NCAA game was in 98 or 99.. on the playstation.. All i remember is playing it in college against my buddys. We had some awesome dynastys.... the game even had play editor where you could create your own plays in 98 i think.
You know its been nine years since I have played a dynasty with those guys and thanks to 09.. we get to relive our glory days online dynasty!!!! THANK YOU EA!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:38 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2
the best 5 ncaa games are ncaa 04 to 08
Old 06-22-2008, 01:24 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Top Five NCAA Football Games of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Notre Dame was the only real entrance. The others were generic. Did you watch it every time? Just wondering.
After about the first 2 or 3 months I was done with the team entrances, but don't they say in absence the heart goes fonder?

I think there are elements of the last gen game that I enjoy now, more than ever. I dream of the day when I play Colorado's buffalo comes out before the game, the Clemson players rub Howard's Rock and Corso puts on a crazy hat in beautiful next gen glory. I have so much more faith in you guys now, that I feel you guys are building up to a great game on now gen and I am eagerly waiting for 09.

1. NCAA 2004
2. NCAA 2006
3. NCAA 08 Tecmo Bowl ( Best rom hack ever.)
4. NCAA 2007
4. NCAA 09 (?)

P.S. 2k5 and 2004 are close, but I have to give the nod to 2k5. Unmatched presentation still impresses me to this day.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:25 AM   #60
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
That being said, I think it wasn't as good a game overall as NFL 2K5 or even NFL 2K4. If those games had been college games, they would be sitting at the #1 and #2 positions on this list.
reads post, looks at username.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #61
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
reads post, looks at username.
Say what you want about my moniker, but the fact is that ESPN NFL 2K5 was voted best sports video game ever by the people of these forums. In other words, more people here agree with my statement that NFL 2K5 is better than NCAA 2004 than OMT's statement that NCAA 2004 is better than 2K5.

If you are implying that I'm nothing more than a 2K fanboy, read on.

Usually, I post a disclaimer about my moniker because people automatically assume that if I say anything negative about EA, it's because I only like 2K Sports games. I have posted the story several times, but I guess one more time won't hurt.

I chose my moniker back in the days when 2K was still allowed to make NFL games, and there was intense rivalry between 2K and EA. It was simply my way of saying that 2K football was the best. However, it does not mean that I do not play or like EA games at all. In the very post you quoted, in fact, I stated my appreciation of NCAA 2004, saying it was the best college game ever.

I've bought many EA football games:

Madden 98, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
NCAA 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008

To sum it up: while I do prefer 2K football, I also play EA football.

Last edited by 2krules; 06-22-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2008, 02:08 AM   #62
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Looks like I'm on a roll in this thread so I'll post one more before going to bed!

My answer? I don't know. Sorry. Can't say much other than that. The feature set was sweet (Home field advantage, sanctions), but I guess a lot of stuff went wrong and things got fixed poorly at the last minute.

I wasn't that involved at the time, so I'm just speculating based on my experience. I also didn't play it much after launch because of the drops.

i have to give it to you adam. you earned my respect for speaking the truth about '05.

i have not bought an ncaa game since 2005. it was SO bad that it really soured me on the series. whereas before '05 ncaa was an automatic purchase, after 05 i looked at ncaa with a jaundiced eye. that's just how bad 05 was to me

the game was bad independently, but coming on the heels of 04 made it seem that much. worse. i guess there's no way to predict how future games will turn out but i hope that that game is the gold standard for how the game shouldnt be.

it' great to see this type of interaction with the hardcore community. however, i also hope that the ncaa team will remember the former hardcore fans like myself who are looking for reasons to come back on board to the series but just haven't found them yet.

again, much respect.

now on to my top 5:

1. '04
2. '03
3. the one with charles woodson on the cover
4. n/a
5. n/a
Old 06-22-2008, 02:08 AM   #63
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Say what you want about my moniker, but the fact is that ESPN NFL 2K5 was voted best sports video game ever by the people of these forums. In other words, more people here agree with my statement that NFL 2K5 is better than NCAA 2004 than OMT's statement that NCAA 2004 is better than 2K5.

If you are implying that I'm nothing more than a 2K fanboy, read on.

Usually, I post a disclaimer about my moniker because people automatically assume that if I say anything negative about EA, it's because I only like 2K Sports games. I have posted the story several times, but I guess one more time won't hurt.

I chose my moniker back in the days when 2K was still allowed to make NFL games, and there was intense rivalry between 2K and EA. It was simply my way of saying that 2K football was the best. However, it does not mean that I do not play or like EA games at all. In the very post you quoted, in fact, I stated my appreciation of NCAA 2004, saying it was the best college game ever.

I've bought many EA football games:

Madden 98, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
NCAA 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008

To sum it up: while I do prefer 2K football, I also play EA football.
I about pissed my pants, it was funny. I didn't need paragraphs of explanations.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #64
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
I about pissed my pants, it was funny. I didn't need paragraphs of explanations.
Well then, be glad I didn't charge you for it. From the goodness of my heart, that was a freebie.

When people throw around the "fanboy" insinuations, what they're really saying is "Your ideas aren't valid because you blindly follow one company".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »