Home

Rant: Time & Weather

This is a discussion on Rant: Time & Weather within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Rant: Time & Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswells
Give EA three years and it might be in the year after that.
This is done on purpose. If we were to allow this, it would be setting the time on your non-conference games. We certainly wouldn't let you set the weather. We want to make it as realistic as possible. You're a football team, not GOD!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
This is done on purpose. If we were to allow this, it would be setting the time on your non-conference games. We certainly wouldn't let you set the weather. We want to make it as realistic as possible. You're a football team, not GOD!
Thanks, I was going to post this too. I'll bet a lot of coaches wish they could control what weather they play in!! Now the time maybe I could see since the AD works with the other team to set the time but not the weather.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I agree with most of the things the op said. We do know that progressive lighting or something like it will be back next year. I would be happy if I could set the kickoff times of at least my own team's home games during the scheduling part of pre-season.

I thought weather variety in dynasty the past few years has been perfect. Sure there might have been a few too many snow games last year but it's fun to have snow games in dynasty, it really gives you a feeling of how the sesaons have changed over the course of your schedule. And now that snow games look good I hope I'll see them pop up as much as last year.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 06-30-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
So you schedule Michigan home games at night ... on purpose? All respect and all, but that's some BS. For like the fifth time: there has NEVER BEEN a night game at Michigan Stadium.

As for the god comment: then why are we allowed to edit players' ratings, height, weight and skin color? You think getting rid of that is a good idea? You can't have it both ways.

I don't want to come off like a prick or anything, but I just think there's never anything wrong with giving the user as much freedom as possible. To withhold freedoms because you think it's "realistic" is some crap, imho. The analogy with editing players is spot-on, if I do say so myself.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
So you schedule Michigan home games at night ... on purpose? All respect and all, but that's some BS. For like the fifth time: there has NEVER BEEN a night game at Michigan Stadium.

As for the god comment: then why are we allowed to edit players' ratings, height, weight and skin color? You think getting rid of that is a good idea? You can't have it both ways.

I don't want to come off like a prick or anything, but I just think there's never anything wrong with giving the user as much freedom as possible. To withhold freedoms because you think it's "realistic" is some crap, imho. The analogy with editing players is spot-on, if I do say so myself.
So when you're in a game should you be able to edit the score and stats at any time you want to? Editing a player allows you some control but you should not have control over everything or it lends itself to really destroying all sense of realism.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #14
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Please explain how that is even close to being the same thing.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Please explain how that is even close to being the same thing.
Because as Adam said, you are a coach/AD not a God. Controlling the weather would make you God. You can argue that editing players does so too but that would not be right because editing the players allows us to mirror reality. Sure it can be abused but there is a reason for allowing us to do it.

You already can control weather in play now mode, as you should be able to because you're setting up a scenario of your own choosing and it's just an exhibition match. In dynasty though you should not be allowed to control things that you wouldn't control as a real coach. I do agree though as I said you should be able to set the time of the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Come on man, I don't expect them to make exceptions for certain teams. If there's a nite game at Mich. or Notre Dame, etc. where it's not typical, I can live with that. There have been Mich. games that lasted late into the evening and were dark when it was over with. I'd much rather see bowl game end zone art, patches on uniforums, and things like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »