Home

Most exciting game played on NCAA 08

This is a discussion on Most exciting game played on NCAA 08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
six
Banned

OVR: 6
Most exciting game played on NCAA 08

Ok, so I am so excited for 09 I've been playing 08 lately, mainly just simming seasons and being a coach and recruiting but I've been plyaing the bowl game I get too usually to hone up my skills for 09. I am rusty lol. I coached at MTSU first(college I go to in real life in m-boro, TN), then after 4 years there went to Michigan for about 14 seasons, dominated recruiting and won like 5 national championships in those years, and then was fired LMAO stupid, next I went on to Penn State, where I just finished my third season, first 10-2, second national champs, and now just played an amazing championship game against......michigan! lol yup, big ten vs big ten in the BCS CHampionship.

It was a great game, it was rainin in the orange bowl, Michigan went up 7-0 rite away and I couldnt do nothin on offense. My defense was fightin its *** off to keep me in the game, pickin off a pass in the endzone on UM's second possesion and then stopping them on a 4th and goal from the 2 on their 4th possession. Michigan finally made a field goal, (a 54 freakin yarder, dude also made 49,49 and 50 ugh, kinda lame they always make those but oh well), so im down 10-0, i drive down, kick a HUGE field goal as time expires so 10-3 michigan at the half.

I get the kickoff, and scrap my run first, and run later game plan( had two backs wit over 1000 and 11 TD's each coming in) and went spread shotgun and mixed in a few runs and tied it at 10-10 going into the fourth.

I blow a coverage early in the 4th and miss a diving tackle and they score a 50 yard TD and go up 17-10, then my idiot fullback decides to fumble at midfield and their all-american l-backer recovers and they drive down and hit a 50 yard field goal(once again, lmao on the length in pouring rain and wind), I think im done but I return kick off to the 35 and then first play I playaction fake and my wr is wide open on an out pattern 15 yards down the field(nice to see AI fall for a playaction for once) and he ran down the sideline for like 50 yards to their 20 and then I score 2 plays later and cut it to 3 with 4 minutes to play.

They are agressive in trying to run out the clock but it bites them in the butt with 150 to go and I pick off a pass on 3 and 12 at my own 40 and run it back to their 46 with 140 remaining. Their D is exhausted, I run it down their throats and punch it in but for some reason on my extra point my idiot holder decides to run a fake? idk why but i didnt get it so 23-20 wit 31 seconds remaining.

They drive down in 2 plays against my prevent and nail a 48 yarder to send it to OT. Great game so far but it gets better. They win the toss and take offense first, stupid AI at its finest but its stupidity was my gain lol. They run a screen, loss of 2, a draw, loss of 1, and I sack their QB but of course the idiot kicker makes a 49 yarder to put them up 26-23 wit myh possesion coming up.

I get the ball, I run it 3 straight times and on the 3rd down play I ran a QB draw and just as I'm crossing the first down marker at the 15 yard line, he FUMBLES! I was like "im done" but not so fast my friend, my big *** left guard recovers the ball and rumbles and bumbles for 4 yards to the 10 yard line! on first and goal, one yard, second and goal my star RB takes it down to the one and almost fought into the endzone, but didnt make it. 3rd and goal, goaline formation, QB sneak, my QB leaps in mid air and gets hammered 180 in the air but crosses the marker and scores for me to win 29-26. it was funny cause he got hurt on the play and everyone started celebrating while he was writhing in pain on the goalline lol.

This is why I love this game and love college football, suffice to say this was a greatest game, espn classic. Cant wait for 09. anyone else got any great game stories?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Most exciting game played on NCAA 08

http://www.operationsports.com/mm/showpost.php?p=2693508&postcount=117
Old 07-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

freaking awesome story, six. LOL
SDSU Aztecs!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

My most exciting game on NCAA 08? Probably the time I only threw 2 ints and had only 3 fumbles.

08 was an awful game, as far as I'm concerned, but from playing the demo of 09, it seems like it will erase that horrible memory from my mind and replace it with happy college football fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »