Home

DT Linder sold psxsports.com

This is a discussion on DT Linder sold psxsports.com within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #17
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: DT Linder sold psxsports.com

I think a decoy roster file should be put out this year, and have the real one held by the free roster guys, or at least make it so that only trusted people get the rosters. It would be great if BK got the auto-generated rosters and sold them, only to get complaints and bad rep. Hopefully he'd have to return some money too
Old 07-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
Like someone else said... I sold my old site to a third-party buyer. It wasn't until the sale was finalized that I found out the identity of the new owner. I wasn't too happy but eveything was said & done. I've been on this crusade since 2005 and it continues because there are so many people that are clueless about the situation.

I do not believe that he is late.... people are over-estimating the number of people which the EA Locker feature will service. There are far more people that do not play NCAA Football online & it will not effect them. For the average Jane or Joe they will google search for NCAA 09 rosters this summer and will stumble across one of Brian's three websites. Because of the professional appearance they may purchase a memory card from him or download the rosters from his website. The $10 cost to download the rosters or mail-in a memory card will make the transaction seem legit.

In the mind of the average consumer they would much rather pay for quality. The "free" rosters are more generic. This afternoon this analogy was used to explain this concept to me. Owen Good stated that "it's the same reason you don't buy meat off the back of the truck unless, of course, you know the butcher."

In the NCAA Football community I am the butcher giving away "free" steak out of the back of my truck. But to the average consumer there has got to be a reason that the rosters are free. Either they are inaccurate, generic, etc.

IMHO, I feel that the EA Locker feature will effect me more than anyone else. My rosters will be available to the NCAA gaming community that is familiar with my work and knows the name FAIRDALE KINGS. It will be a lot more convenient for them. But I will also lose people that patronized my site. Last summer I had over 22,000 registered members at FKrosters.com and it was due to people downloading my rosters. That will have effects for me because I lose out on revenue that I generate with advertisements on my site. I don't receive many donations but I'm sure that will also be effected, too.

Thanks for clearing that up, good post. I was trying to ask that question without seeming like an *** so thanks for clarifying. Maybe he'll take some sort of hit, I just googled NCAA 09 rosters without the word 'free' and 2 of his sites showed up first but the 3rd and 5th and 6th sites were for FREE 09 rosters. So that alone should hurt him atleast some, anyone with sense would look at a few of the sites and not just his. But then again, the "meat off the back of the truck" thing comes into play. Some people will insist on just paying for theirs assuming they are of high quality and worth the dime like you said.

We'll see how it plays out. Good luck
Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
Wow that Kaldenburg dude is cornering the market!! Smart from a business standpoint.
Smart? When EA has recently added a feature that allows anyone online to easily share rosters. Granted not everyone is online like Fairdale said but a lot of folks have access to get online if they so choose to do so (which many would if it comes to $$).

So is it smart? Yeah i'd say it's smart...on DT Linder's part. If you're in the business of rosters and want to sell your website for some money at this point then it's time to get whatever $$$ that you can because this roster sharing feature will eventually ruin any chance of selling rosters.

Also, what Kaldenberg isn't taking into consideration in buying these sites is this: people who go there each year, to PSXsports.com and fkrosters.com expect to get the rosters for free. He may get a lot of regulars coming in, but when they see the price they could do what I'd do and go to google and type in "free ncaa 09 rosters" and find FREE rosters.

In regards to the "meat" theory about people wanting to pay because they perceive higher quality: perhaps instead of simply trying to inform people we should be trying to let people know that paying for the rosters is committing an illegal act and could get them into trouble?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-02-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #20
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Wow...

I hope that porker doesn't ruin roster editing for the rest of us. That would seriously single handedly ruin NCAA for me.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #21
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

I am a VIP member at PSX sports.
DT Linder said he was making changed with the domain. He never said a thing about selling it to him. If he did this is awful.I'm not turning my back on DT just yet becuase he knows I have mad respect for him. But I will email him and have to ask him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #22
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I would really hope EA knows all about this, and will shove the EA Locker down our throats like the other new features. Not for us, but for the uninformed.

Why haven't you made this into a legal matter, or have you tried?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
I would really hope EA knows all about this, and will shove the EA Locker down our throats like the other new features. Not for us, but for the uninformed.

Why haven't you made this into a legal matter, or have you tried?
I gave Fairdale a tip on how to go and sue BK. I'm not gonna make it public though since BK goes and lurks OS, MM, Utopia, and all the other sites.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by markees007
I am a VIP member at PSX sports.
DT Linder said he was making changed with the domain. He never said a thing about selling it to him. If he did this is awful.I'm not turning my back on DT just yet becuase he knows I have mad respect for him. But I will email him and have to ask him.
DT seems like a good guy to me. I wasn't around to remember the blacklover thing but his rosters have been accurate from what I could tell when I dl'ed them to check. And he supports free rosters. I hope he's right that and didn't sell the site.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »