Home

Has anyone had the edit roster crash without downloading a roster first?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had the edit roster crash without downloading a roster first? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 AM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Has anyone had the edit roster crash without downloading a roster first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
Please visit www.ncaastrategies.com. Most of the testing is going on over there where CDJ and SEC21 are working on a file that hasn't been passed around on EA Locker. Everything seems to be working fine while not being on the internet and limiting the characters for the both the first and last names to 11 characters.
Yes, I've been in contact with CDJ over IM this weekend. Though it is possible being offline and/or limiting the characters to 11 could prevent it, from experience I'd say that that isn't where the bug happened. Not sure what it was, but we tried all day today and the only time we could crash was by downloading CDJ's corrupted roster. I just wanted to make sure nobody other than CDJ has actually broken the game. I got caught up early with the rest of you guys in how the game was broken because there were all these crashes, but I'm think they are coming from two rosters, so it isn't as prevelant as originally thought.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

From what I understand, the issue may not be due to online, but due to the fact that the game allows for 13 characters when editing names (whether this is intentional or not has yet to be determined). For some reason, putting more than the previous 11 character max seems to be corrupting the files, and freezing/crashing the game. This is also possibly a cause for the disappearing teams.

I believe Fairdale King also had a problem with freezing even before he started editing Pasta's rosters.

Last edited by ktd1976; 07-14-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #11
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

The only freezes I've had were from when I DL'd CDJ's PS3 rosters.

Since then I've erased them and edited away on my own without a single problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 AM   #12
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Didn't Fairdale have his system crash? I thought for sure he couldn't edit the rosters but maybe he was just editing Pasta's?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 AM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
From what I understand, the issue may not be due to online, but due to the fact that the game allows for 13 characters when editing names (whether this is intentional or not has yet to be determined). For some reason, putting more than the previous 11 character max seems to be corrupting the files, and freezing/crashing the game. This is also possibly a cause for the disappearing teams.

I believe Fairdale King also had a problem with freezing even before he started editing Pasta's rosters.
I have been in contact with him as well, and he was working from Pastapadre's roster. Our QA team was testing with long names today and didn't report any problems. I should know more by tomorrow. I should also get to bed!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:52 AM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
The only freezes I've had were from when I DL'd CDJ's PS3 rosters.

Since then I've erased them and edited away on my own without a single problem.
Same with us. We downloaded CDJ's roster and crashed. The engineers will be looking into that tomorrow. However, to fix the bug we gotta find out how CDJ's roster got broken in the first place.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I have been in contact with him as well, and he was working from Pastapadre's roster. Our QA team was testing with long names today and didn't report any problems. I should know more by tomorrow. I should also get to bed!
I was under the impression that he didnt switch to using Pasta's rosters until AFTER he experienced the crash after starting from scratch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #16
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Somebody else in the thread at ncaastrategies mentioned having the issue:

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...5&postcount=89

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...9&postcount=92

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »