Home

How to find out Retailers available units, 24 hour Walmarts?

This is a discussion on How to find out Retailers available units, 24 hour Walmarts? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #17
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How to find out Retailers available units, 24 hour Walmarts?

Luckily I live really close to 1 24hour Walmart and about 10 minutes away from another one so I am just going to drive to one and check and if they don't have it ill go to the other one
Old 07-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #18
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I have found that Walmart is the best place to get the game. There are huge lines at gamestop and no lines at Walmart.

Last year I walked into Walmart at midnight and walked out with the game five minutes later. Meanwhile, my friend was still waiting in line at gamestop.

The game was in a big box at walmart. It hadn't been opened yet. I just had to ask the dude at Walmart and he opened it and sold it. There were a couple of other people there getting the game as well.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Most Wal Marts will not have the game at midnight. It will be in the back in storage, but they usually don't stock video games until 3-4 in the morning. What I always do is go to bed early and get up at 7-8 am
I can tell you from all my game hunting this week, that ALL Walmart stores have their copies in the back. Your best bet would be to call or go by your Walmart and actually TALK to a manager.

Tell them that you know they have the game in the back and ask if he/she can set aside some copies this evening so that the employees can get to them tonight at midnight when you come in.

You need to do this before 4 pm local time, because that is when most Walmart managers leave for the day.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Someone I know works at Wal-Mart and they told me if it isnt out then ask the person in electronics to go get the game cause they do have it in the back if isnt out
Old 07-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
Rookie

ezevthokie9's Arena

OVR: 1

For what its worth, I was able to pick up Rock Band at midnight when it came out. I went to Electronics at 12 and saw a guy bringing stock out to the floor. I asked him about it and he said they had it and it was the next box he had. There were a few others there for a 360 game and a bunch of chicks for Hairspray. Once it was unboxed, he handed it to me and I was able to check out and leave. If you don't have a preorder or your Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release, go to Wal-Mart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #22
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

I do have a Gamestop preorder, but if I can grab a copy from Walmart at midnight, I'll just move the preorder over to madden.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I work for wal mart so i can say that we have had them since last thursday. They get put in the steel back in receiving after they are taken off the Fed Ex/UPS truck and checked in(i forget which they come in on) And are put with all the dated release items. Last year at the one i work at i went up for the game at midnight because i was on vacation and the idiots i work with didn't know where it was i had to go back and get it myself off the clock. It was funny b/c it was buried behind a bunch of boxes and took me like a half hour to find them, but when i came out with the cart everyone waiting there started cheering, was kind of funny. Sorry for the story just thought id share since its release night again hehe. But in short yes they do have it at every wal mart and its in the back so if they tell you they don't have it they are lying or are to lazy to go look for you. I myself just preordered it from EB this year since they had free shipping.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #24
Rookie

daabsolute1's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
I do have a Gamestop preorder, but if I can grab a copy from Walmart at midnight, I'll just move the preorder over to madden.
Thats what I'm going to do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »