Home

Temporary Roster Workaround

This is a discussion on Temporary Roster Workaround within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 12:02 PM   #73
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Temporary Roster Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas8099
Thanks, that's definitely helpful. Assuming I can get home at a decent hour today and break away from the wife for a few, I may even give dynasty a try.
Aaah yes, marriage is the ultimate prevent defense, isn't it?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
From what I understand, once you go into dynasty mode you should be ok. The Dynasty save file will take your roster save file and merge it in, thus removing the problem. Theoretically (did I spell that right?), you should be fine taking a roster into Dynasty mode. However, if your roster is missing a team (ie FIU), then we don't know what will happen when FIU plays its games. We just figure it will be really bad, so we haven't tried! Make sure FIU is still in play now or view/edit rosters. If they are, you are safe to take that roster into dynasty mode.
When you say safe to take the roster into Dynasty, do you mean we can then edit our team at will within Dynasty mode without the bug occuring? If you only control one team, you're essentially editing the same team over and over again and since it's the number of teams you edit that causes the crash, editing just the one in dynasty should be fine right?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #75
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Hmm, now Adam this is an argument to be able to export dynasty rosters. Interesting, you could start a 120-team dynasty, go through, edit the rosters, then export them back out Of course the game may crash again as soon as you open the exported roster, so it's a risk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #76
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
When you say to save after every team you edit, or that there is a max of, say, 10 teams to edit before a freeze, does that mean that if you save after 10 teams, back it up onto a USB, delete the roster and then recopy it, then that "counter" is re-set? Is it 10 teams total or 10 teams between saves?
Total.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #77
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
When you say safe to take the roster into Dynasty, do you mean we can then edit our team at will within Dynasty mode without the bug occuring? If you only control one team, you're essentially editing the same team over and over again and since it's the number of teams you edit that causes the crash, editing just the one in dynasty should be fine right?
Yeah, you should be ok.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, you should be ok.
Nice. I'm only a couple games in, and so far no problems so just wanted to see what you thought.

P.S. Loving the game so far. The campus newspapers added to Dynasty mode are a nice touch, and the Quick Call to recruits feature is amazing. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #79
Rookie

DiabloRobotico34's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm running with DT Linder's roster d/l through TJdaSportsGuy's locker.

I'm rolling with Southern Cal, they are the only team I have edited. I just changed the sleeves and some equipment.

It's working like a charm.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 8

I don't know how I didn't find this thread sooner...very encouraging news knowing that the roster issue will not affect dynasty mode. This is the question I have been trying to find an answer to for the past couple days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »