Home

To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa 09

This is a discussion on To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #25
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa

I just want to know from people that can stop it.....

Are you swatting the ball or hitsticking the receiver?
Do you have to play man-bump with your cb's so that the cb is always underneath the receiver so when you click on him he is in better position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #26
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
^agreed

every1 says there all for a realistic game until it makes the worse at the game. Its not a perfect game but plz give me an example of a perfect game ever made.

And BTW most of the players being listed as unstoppable are the best WR in the game on the best teams...

Anyone who doesn't think strafe catching is an exploit is either a cheeser who relies on it or is clueless. Strafe catching is possibly the worst exploit to grace next-gen football. Its not just "the best WR in the game on the best teams" that can exploit the strafe catch.

Me and my buddy were labbing this last night and I can use a 6'4 freshman WR who is a 68OVR and play against Malcolm Jenkins 96OVR CB or Victor Harris 95OVR and be unstoppable do to this strafe catching trash. That is as far from REALISTIC as it gets. You guys who don't think its bogus must be clueless. Just wait until you run into one of these strafe catchers. Then you will see what we are talking about...
Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #27
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
I would rather play football but if its a glitch fest they want, its a glitch fest they will get.

LOL
Old 07-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Anyone who doesn't think strafe catching is an exploit is either a cheeser who relies on it or is clueless. Strafe catching is possibly the worst exploit to grace next-gen football. Its not just "the best WR in the game on the best teams" that can exploit the strafe catch.

Me and my buddy were labbing this last night and I can use a 6'4 freshman WR who is a 68OVR and play against Malcolm Jenkins 96OVR CB or Victor Harris 95OVR and be unstoppable do to this strafe catching trash. That is as far from REALISTIC as it gets. You guys who don't think its bogus must be clueless. Just wait until you run into one of these strafe catchers. Then you will see what we are talking about...
Not saying i agree with you but atleast this is a better example.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
I was just wondering if there was a counter because my first game online was today against somebody who was 33-1. And he took USC and he did this all game long. He just ran the 'RB Cross' play from the Shotgun 3WR 2RB set and sent both flankers on streaks.

From what I can tell, man-to-man will not be able to cover the running backs on there little flat routes, but you need man-to-man vs the streaks. And you only have like 4 seconds to get all of your defensive hot routes set before the ball is snapped. If I did have time to set everything up the way that I would want to in order to stop this guys play, I would only have like 3 guys in the box. lol.

So even if you are able to cut underneath the receiver and time it right, it is still impossible to swat/int the pass? What about the hit stick while the receiver is in the air?

You know I myself have had hard time on Defense in this game and I really think I know what EA might be trying to do this year.

It is my belief that they have just made the game much more offensive oriented because I guess scoring is just better that not being able score, but what I think I have noticed more than anything else is that they are trying to make players do more things manually instead of Relying on the defensive AI to help you out all the time.

I think doing things manually is a little tougher online though, but the better players on defense that I have seen thus far online are just doing a lot more things manually......both on the line and in the secondary.

One of the big problems I have alway's had in these football games is the players that abuse of the quick hikes and hurry-up offenses all the time, even though it's a legal football play in real life, however if it happened the way they are doing it online in real life, We would see players actually passing out due to exhaustion or maybe even being killed.

So to counter this type of online Cheeeeeez...as far as I'm concerned, I wish they would make fatigue a much bigger factor in this game and others and maybe make some animations of players being tired on the field of play.

All and all the game is still fun, even though I'm getting killed a lot online because I stick with playing SIM no matter what, but I think a slightly better pash rush from the defensive line could do wonders as far as making it a little more SIM oriented.

maddcatt
Old 07-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Strafe catching is possibly the worst exploit to grace next-gen football.
Pretty sure it was in the last generation too. Remember seeing people using it on Madden Challenges when they showed it on TV.

Jetpacking definitely was in the last gen too.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Out of all the cheesy things to worry about and you guys are stressed about somebody taking control of a WR and catching the ball???

I think there are some people out there actually running with the running back, you might want to go chastize them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by advisory
Out of all the cheesy things to worry about and you guys are stressed about somebody taking control of a WR and catching the ball???

I think there are some people out there actually running with the running back, you might want to go chastize them.
That's not what people are pissed at, and you know it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »