Home

Warping - OMT I thought this was fixed

This is a discussion on Warping - OMT I thought this was fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Warping - OMT I thought this was fixed

Ok well after popping the game in and only change I made was put skill level on AA and quarter length to 7 mins.

Well I have noticed some things with warping that I thought I heard was fixed. IAN had the discussion that there is a deal with the replay system where it has to interlope which causes the look of hands going through balls, through other players, ect. This happens from the way the system fills in the gaps so you get a full length replay.

Well I am aware of those kinds of things. But I have noticed on like WR crossing routes. Lead a WR enough and watch as a sudden speed burst pulls the WR away from the defender as if on a leash. This looks the same in the game as well as the replay.

I have also noticed some warping at the line, with HB hitting a lineman in the back and then shooting through him as if he is the "jumper".

I also had another one where I tossed it to the HB in the flat. He had to make a turn around catch, then when he started upfield a CB came in to make the hit. The HB leaped over the CB and as soon as he went to land I went into a spin. Then my HB warped halfway across the screen to the hashes. It was nuts.

I only played 2 games and seen all this so this is a concern to me because it looks like crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Warping - OMT I thought this was fixed

I noticed a warp in a game I played yesterday. The CPU fumbled and one of my players recovered and was suddenly shot 3 or 4 yards up field while he was diving on the ball.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

The warping in this game is bad. I was a DL and had the QB in my sights, I hit dive and instead of diving into the QB I warped into a OL.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Last night the defensive AI got a vacuum catch INT against me because my WR hit an invisible wall near the defender and veered off in another direction, then the ball shifted position and right into the DBs hands. I saw it happen in game so it wasn't just on the replay. Thats the only one I've noticed so far out of ~8 games though.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

This really sucks cause like jistic. I have noticed no robo QB, no problem getting pressure, ect.

As far as the gameplay I am having a BLAST with the game and everything feels and looks right. Stats even coming out good.

BUT the warping is unreal at how much it happens. I think it might be a bi-product of the new footplant tech.

The passing game is amazing, but I can get the "speed burst" catch with WRs almost on cue. It was really making my cousin mad last night cause my WR would suddenly slide 10 yards extra extra fast to get to the ball. Looks very unnatural.

Which makes defending the pass VERY tough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Here is some of the warping I posted in another thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Wait did the MSU player warp right through an ND defender? wow

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Same thing I saw when I was talking about warping through lineman. I have seen same thing man. It is happening way to much I think. I can let some warping slide caused it only happened very seldom in the past titles but this year I have seen multiple warps per game. terrible beta testing, ohhhhh wait we are in that processes right now as we speak.

EA's moto should be

"Make money now, fix it whenever"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »