Home

I Love The Game, Am I Alone?

This is a discussion on I Love The Game, Am I Alone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #65
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: I Love The Game, Am I Alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
Every game ships with bug, but this game's bugs are far more glaring than many other sports games that I can think of. The only game with bugginess to this level I can think of MLB 2K7 (don't play baseball games, but that's what I've heard).

NBA 2K8 had it's fair share of bugs, but NONE were as glaring as QB's not completing below 70% of their passes. Imagine a basketball game where the CPU makes 75% of their shots no matter what, and there's no slider to fix them?

College Hoops 2K8 had their version of EA Locker which was arguably better, and non-arguably less buggy.

So yeah, the game might be fun, but to think a game that appears to have been built with so little care is "one of the greatest football games ever" is completely ridiculous.
Actually there have been games that have been far buggier than this game. Sports and non-sports.

Does that excuse things? No. Just the state of the software development business these days. Which is a shame, and I don't see it changing any time in the near future.

I am not sure the CPU completing a high pct of passes is actually a bug, but more a design flaw. Something that needs a tweak, not really a bug that needs to be closed.

As far as people thinking it maybe one of the greatest football games ever, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, who are you to tell someone their personal opinion of a game is ridiculous?

Not sure how EA Locker is buggy, I have had zero problems with it, but maybe that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »