Home

The 2nd Patch?

This is a discussion on The 2nd Patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #1
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

OVR: 6
The 2nd Patch?

1st off madd props to ea for addressing the roster and depth chart issues so quickly.

2nd the game is great, even with all the bugs in the gameplay, it is nothing short of a great football game and if the 2nd patch is a real goal for EA, you no if they really want to nail it. there is no reason this wont be in the 9-9.5 range(thats a fact).

now with that being said i was wondering if we have any speculation what the 2nd patch might cover?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The 2nd Patch?

I agree 100% I mean seriously, If the second patch fixes the robo qb and pass rush this game approaches a 10 in my book.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

LoL i had originally written (9-10) but i quickly erased it and use (9-9.5) for fear of being flamed to no end on this site, but i agree bro
Old 07-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I agree 100% I mean seriously, If the second patch fixes the robo qb and pass rush this game approaches a 10 in my book.
What's the robo qb? Sorry if I'm a noob at the terms.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
Rookie

If it is possible, the 2nd patch MUST do something to fix the ******** AI logic. If I see another dink and dunk pass on 3rd and 18 with the receiver running out of bounds 11 yards short, I will flip.

I can deal with the return game being cake, and turbo AI snap counts and playcalling, but the logic is ridiculous and has to be addressed.

The pass rush and qb acc. is pretty important too in my book. Fix those and the AI logic, you have a gem of a game. Simple as that.

Don't fix it, and you have a dud that will probably be sitting on my shelf while I continue playing the masterpieces that are MLB The Show 08 an GTA IV...and hopefully Madden (but I'm not so sure that game won't be flooded with issues as well)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #6
Pro

Ha ha, notice how there is no time table for the second patch like the first one...

I think that we are more likely to see the Ayran brotherhood support Barack Obama before we see this patch

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 07-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
What's the robo qb? Sorry if I'm a noob at the terms.
Robo qb is used for a qb that doesn't miss many passes in a game. Like if a qb went 31-32 over the course of a game.

i.e. Tom Brady's 2007 regular season.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
Ha ha, notice how there is no time table for the second patch like the first one...

I think that we are more likely to see the Ayran brotherhood support Barack Obama before we see this patch
Yeah, the first roster issue can cause people to return the game and get refunds for a faulty product. The game throwing 12/12 in the first half and the sometiem wacky AI is just "tough luck" until the patch comes out. lol Hopefully its soon though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »