Home

Post your best defensive tips and some other thoughts

This is a discussion on Post your best defensive tips and some other thoughts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Post your best defensive tips and some other thoughts

Please post your best defensive tips, where there are no tutorials for defense this year : (

You know I myself have had hard time on Defense in this game when going online and I really think I know what EA might be trying to do this year.

It is my belief that they have just made the game much more offensive oriented because I guess scoring is just better that not being able score, but what I think I have noticed more than anything else is that they are trying to make players do more things manually instead of Relying on the defensive AI to help you out all the time.

I think doing things manually is OK and a little tougher online though, but the better players on defense that I have seen thus far online are just doing a lot more things manually......both on the line and in the secondary.

One of the big problems I have alway's had in these football games is the players that abuse of the quick hikes and hurry-up offenses all the time, even though it's a legal football play in real life, however if it happened the way they are doing it online in real life, We would see players actually passing out due to exhaustion or maybe even being killed.

So to counter this type of online Cheeeeeez...as far as I'm concerned, I wish they would make fatigue a much bigger factor in this game and others and maybe make some animations of players being tired on the field of play.

All and all the game is still fun, even though I'm getting killed a lot online because I stick with playing SIM no matter what, but I think a slightly better pash rush from the defensive line could do wonders as far as making it a little more SIM oriented.

Thx maddcatt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Post your best defensive tips and some other thoughts

For the cheeser's who like to Mike Vick it and run their QB all the time, or just roll out of the pocket every down I like to do an all-out CB blitz...blitzing both left and right corners.

That usually throws them off kilter...That or running LB Contain/DE Contain depending on the personnel (# or WR's) they bring out.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
For the cheeser's who like to Mike Vick it and run their QB all the time, or just roll out of the pocket every down I like to do an all-out CB blitz...blitzing both left and right corners.

That usually throws them off kilter...That or running LB Contain/DE Contain depending on the personnel (# or WR's) they bring out.
Yeah I learned that one last night. I was playing a friend who rolls out on every play, and I finally used the CB biltz to put a top to that nonsense. The rollout out along with an out pattern by the TE or RB is DEADLY in this years game. CB blitz helps alot with it.

One of my favorite defenses for the short passing game this year is "Buzz Duo" . I seem to break up a lot of passes if I choose the MLB with this play.

Defense is tough this year, but the more I play the more I learn.

Last edited by dubz; 07-17-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

For the guy that lines up with 5 wide every down, forget about pass rush and drop back 7 DBs in the quarter with one of the man under plays. Don't waste a DB with a blitz ... you're going to need every single one of em back there. Will be vulnerbale to a QB rolling out and rushing so use a combination of the DE contain and the Man Unders. If they're throwing short-medium over the middle, control the FS and take it away.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
i just qb spy my de's. sometimes i couple that with a cb zone blitz or an lb/ss blitz

but i NEVER "man align" as i want to disguise my play/blitz/zone/man coverage as good as i can
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 34

^^Disagree..I will man align a lot to absolutely ensure that my MLB is ropping back to protect the middle.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Don't you guys agree that this game just requires you to do a lot more things manually now ?

You just cannot rely on the defensive AI any longer

I think this is both bad and good, but it's hard to make many adjustments when your opponent is alway's hiking the ball right away.

PLUS !! Doing things manually online is just flat out tougher.

Thx maddcatt
Old 07-18-2008, 12:05 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

DEFENSE???? What's that?

Oh, that's the thing where my DE runs into an OL and might as well be sitting indian style as far as the outcome is concerned

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »