Home

I know how to stop the offence

This is a discussion on I know how to stop the offence within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:39 AM   #9
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I know how to stop the offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
i like this game but give it time, the defense is broken in this game. Having a game where you cant blitz b/c it usually always leads to a quick completion is not what I call no problem
I agree with you completely. They hit the spot you blitz from EVERY TIME. Sometimes QB's can't see the blitz IRL, but not on this game.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Granted the blitzing thing is kind of annoying. But with the Heisman Sliders (the one AuburnAlumni recommmended) I am playing terrific defense...usually I am the FS/SS depending on the star WR and usually just help out. I'm getting a lot of User Swats/User INT's which I usually get anyway.

This game is absolutely amazing. It is fun to play defense again!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 33

^^^

Safeties are the guys to play on defense!!!

You can break up the short passes over the middle, help out deep, stop the run and blitz!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 04:24 AM   #12
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I have a better strategy. Go into a quarters defense and just playmaker the three d-lineman into zone. It will be super unrealistic and not fun at all.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-18-2008, 04:29 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighousefootball
I've been reading the meltdown on this forum the past couple days also, so I was quite worried that this game was terrible and considered not getting it. Anyways, I bought it today and (though I have only played two games) cannot really see where all the criticism is coming from. I'm having a blast playing and all this talk about unstoppable CPU offenses and such has not really surfaced for me. The first game I played was Michigan vs. W. Kentucky (obviously weak competition, but wanted to test the waters against an inferior opponent) on All-American with 7 min quarters. I won 38-0 and WKU literally had one first down and like 23 yards of offense.

So, after that game I had to test out a real opponent...this time I played as Florida State @ Clemson in a night game on All-American with 5 min quarters. Keep in mind that the Noles aren't ranked in the game and Clemson is #11. I ended up winning 31-0 and Cullen Harper of Clemson threw 4 INTs. I didn't hold them under 100 yards of offense or anything, so they were able to move the ball at times, but, contrary to your point about blitzing, I found that mixing in periodic blitzes led to bad plays, turnovers, etc. They didn't always pick me apart. I think the key to playing defense in this game is just making the right call in the right situation, much like in real life football. I must state also that I've never really considered myself to be a great player in NCAA and Madden football games, I'm rather mediocre really. I don't know why everyone is having such a tough time stopping teams.
Uh...Florida State is like a 94 overall, and i think they are, ratings wise, one of the top 12 or so teams on the game. There defense is ranked like a 94 or something? So yeah, it probably isn't that hard to get a good defense out of them. And clemson, at least when i played them, is a run first team, and the run is very easy to stop.

It's when you play the tcu vs fresno state, the san diego state vs toledo, that's where it gets interesting...

Like another guy said, give it some time...the first game i played the cpu went for it on fourth down 4 times in a row. The next 2 games i played with default sliders on AA were absolutely flawless...then, the poop hit the fan...while it was on high...

But hey, if you enjoy it...then good for you

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 07-18-2008, 04:54 AM   #14
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

I (Notre Dame) played against the cpu (Arkansas) in my online dynasty. Casey Dick went 28-32 with 3 touchdowns no ints. I lost by 3 because whenever he dropped back to pass he was going to throw it to the open man. Every time. I only stopped them when he threw to guys who had no chance of making the 1st. My corners were constantly victimized in man to man coverage, and blitzing was USELESS. I felt like my best shot was to mix up different zones.

I really feel that the problem isn't all in the defensive ai. In football on any given pass play with four or five eligible receivers chances are at least one of them will get open at some point. The cpu QBs have an uncanny tendency to find that guy and get him the ball. I've found that if you get any pressure on the QB they usually make a mistake, that's where the lack of pass rush comes in. But then again if we had a strong pass rush I think we would see a drastic rise in interceptions and we would have yet another thing to complain about. = (

I think they should make the ai qbs go through a progression of some sort on each play, look at the primary guy, secondary guy, someone else, then hit the guy running the short route if they've got nothing else. QBs with high awareness should go through their progressions quickly and do a good job of hitting their safety valves when the blitz hits the fan. QBs with bad awareness should take more time in their progression, make bad reads, force balls, make bad throws under pressure, take more sacks etc...

I'm enjoying the game a ton, especially when playing another human. But I do feel that "Robo QB" is at least a little bit of a problem.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 AM   #15
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Well, you can stop it but can you spell it. lol. No offence, I mean no offense. lol

Just joking man. I'll check into this.

classic
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485
I've been reading these forums for the last week and heard about the main issues that the gameplay has.
One the KR/PR coverage broken leading to many big returns
And that Defensive players are slow these is the reason that you cant get pressure on the QB and Linebackers cant cover the middle of the field or any receiver.

KR/PR is something that you have to deal with but you cant stop the offence in this game. All you have to do is NOT BLITZ because its useless. If you blitz your defense with have too many holes and the QB gets the ball off before you get to him 99%.

This is practically a bend dont break strategy on defense. After I stopped blitzing at all. I was getting games lower than 30 points combine by the 2 teams. I got a 6-5 game between Florida and FSU. It was a great game. This was on AA 5 minutes quaters though.

I want you to try these strategy and see if you can stop the ridiculous robo QB like I've done in the last few games. Well hope these helps.
As well and good as this all probably sounded in your head, your missing the point.

You shouldn't be forced into playing one way so you don't get torched. I don't want it to be a dumb idea to blitz when I want to blitz like I wouldn't want to be forced the run because it's impossible to pass and my situation calls for a pass.

I refuse to be bossed around by a disc.

It's sounds like you're forcing yourself to like the game. EA fanboy, maybe? Lost your receipt?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »