Home

It's official, I'm over it.

This is a discussion on It's official, I'm over it. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #73
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: It's official, I'm over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
That is why I play NCAA 07!
NCAA '07 was definitely better than '06, but I didn't care for the momentum, which was too overdone. I think that was the first game to feature "jump the snap" which I never cared for. NCAA '04 is where it's at on the last gen.

I haven't picked up '09 yet, and probably won't for some time, but '08 has some huge issues. I can't imagine '09 being worse, even with the issues I've read about.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #74
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
EA buys license (eliminates competition)

EA spends millions on marketing campaign

EA cuts cost on quality assurance and expensive/high end developers.

We're left with a game that isn't even worth an $8 rental.
Don't be such a drama queen. This game isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Seriously, some of the fools in this place are extremely hard to please.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #75
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Don't be such a drama queen. This game isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Seriously, some of the fools in this place are extremely hard to please.
Isn't that the truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #76
Banned

The punt returning is broken, I can run in circles with my punt returner (like I was able to do in football games in the 90s) and still score a touchdown.

The CPU throws 5-10 yard routes all game. (yes all game)

I have a mediocre secondary that shuts down the AI simply by using the "press" hot route, and using man to man defense to combat the short routes.

If you try to zone, the cpu dinks/dunks offense down the field (rarely getting a stop)

"jetpacking" is still there on offense, something that people have been taking advantage of for 3+ years now.

These are just something off the top of my head...

The product is broken/buggy, it's a shame. I feel ripped off with my $8 rental.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
The punt returning is broken, I can run in circles with my punt returner (like I was able to do in football games in the 90s) and still score a touchdown.

The CPU throws 5-10 yard routes all game. (yes all game)

I have a mediocre secondary that shuts down the AI simply by using the "press" hot route, and using man to man defense to combat the short routes.

If you try to zone, the cpu dinks/dunks offense down the field (rarely getting a stop)

"jetpacking" is still there on offense, something that people have been taking advantage of for 3+ years now.

These are just something off the top of my head...

The product is broken/buggy, it's a shame. I feel ripped off with my $8 rental.
shh dont you hear a couple post up? Your being too hard too please
Old 07-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #78
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

It's official that I don't care what you play. This is a far from perfect game, but it's still a blast to play.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #79
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
The word that came to mind when I first played this game was "disheartening.'' It's such a shame to pay $60 and be so thoroughly disappointed again, especially when so many of flaws seem easily fixable. Makes you wonder what the development team does all year.

But, after tweaking the slides after readin various posts here, I've managed to get the game to a point where it's at least playable. Still too many pick-6s, kickoff returns for TDs, and other issues. But I've at least gotten it to a point where the CPU doesn't complete 90 percent of its passes and can average between 4 and 5 yards a carry on the ground. And I'm also getting sacks.

If they can somehow patch the sliders to get them to work as they were intended -- and I have absolutely no faith in their ability or their DESIRE to do so -- I really think this would be a spectacular game. Despite its frustrating flaws, it has been immersive and fun. You just have to learn to roll with the punches -- AGAIN FOR ANOTHER YEAR -- when something stupid happens.

In summary, though, I will say this. If I was in charge of devloping this game, I'd be extremely embarrassed to put it on the market with all these flaws. And I'd like to think I would take more pride in my work.
Can u post the sliders you are using please? Thx.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
shh dont you hear a couple post up? Your being too hard too please
It's funny because I used to be the biggest EA supporter in the world, constantly defending everything about the series.

I'm tired of the lies.
I'm tired of the half *** products.
I'm tired of the EA-community-members acting like they're doing us some big favor because they are "listening" to our complaints.

I haven't heard one of these developers thank us for spending our hard earned time, helping them find out what's wrong with their product.

They aren't doing us any favors by "listening"

This whole community is market research and quality assurance entirely free to them.

I'm tired of OS not being about the community anymore. Having EA developers/company members on these boards brings the site attention/links/traffic, so instead of backing us up (the community that helped them build their brand) they start kissing EA's *** too, and "banning" / "warning" people speaking up with their disgust of EA and their game.

Last edited by PlyrzNumber1; 07-18-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »