Home

Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

This is a discussion on Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Deep pass withstanding, this is the best college game I've played!!! I am a true Madden-head and have never bought a college game when it was released until now(I miss football/hate baseball). I don't have a problem playing good defense, and the dynasty mode IS better just from the recruiting facial. I've never had more fun prepping for Madden than this year!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #18
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Most of the issues out of the box can be band-aided with a right set of slider settings, but it's hard to discount the game favors the offense heavily right out of the box.
- Chris Sanner

Thanks Chris - please post your slider set

Not sure how this game is getting better with all the flaws now coming
up via online dynasties. When will EA Sports patch these problems?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #19
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
I like this game too. I would like to see your sliders too. Also which team are you running with?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Jeez...If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that on these forums for any given game, I'd be rich. Somehow every game is "returned at a greater rate than any other year," according to every ones local gamestop.
LOL, you beat me to it. I was just going to say that we hear how Game X is the most returned game ever at EBGames/Gametstop.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

Sure if you enjoy no defense and offensive football the game is great but since I prefer a sim style of football this game is useless to me at the current moment. I have adjusted sliders all I can but no sliders can fix some of the holes in this game. For example this video was with pass blocking at 0 and human break block at 100
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/39643

Yep that's realistic.

I guess EA wants to catar to people who prefer arcade style football this year therefore screwing over the people who prefer a sim style. What will they do next year to neuter the defense even more, make the defense play with one less player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
...my only 2 problems with this game are the roster bug, and the sliders being all sorts of messed up... fix these two things and i can make it work
Old 07-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #23
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Sure if you enjoy no defense and offensive football the game is great but since I prefer a sim style of football this game is useless to me at the current moment. I have adjusted sliders all I can but no sliders can fix some of the holes in this game. For example this video was with pass blocking at 0 and human break block at 100
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/39643

Yep that's realistic.

I guess EA wants to catar to people who prefer arcade style football this year therefore screwing over the people who prefer a sim style. What will they do next year to neuter the defense even more, make the defense play with one less player.
That's brutal...
Old 07-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5
I understand that some of the sliders seem to not work...

But one thing I have noticed is a lot of people have complained of a lack of a pocket in the madden and NCAA games of past, and now they created one, although a little to the opposite extreme, and people seems to want the D Backs to run wild again. Sometimes there needs to be stepping stones so that you can cross the gap... The gap in this case being the legendary football game (which may very well be this year's madden if it comes as advertised)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »