Home

30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

This is a discussion on 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #57
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
I stand corrected you must be a pre teen.
HAHAHHA..

For real though..the first time I have seen this "rocket catch" is now..so let me see here..they drop back like 25 yds..launch it..then they use the "turbo" and catch button at the same time and they catch it?

Last edited by BoomerSooner11; 07-21-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover13
I have never seen even a guy like Pat White drop back 30 yards in a real game. Even he stays in the pocket.

compare this:

&nbsp

to this:

&nbsp

See how in the real video he stays inside the pocket bc that is how to play quarterback. He will only get out of the pocket if it breaks down. Not just because he can. I know most of you understand this but this is for some others that need a visual explaination.
Number 21 in the first video let the CPU do it, he did not take control of himself
Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy007
There is no CRYING in baseball and the shouldn't be any in college football either.

You guys whine and whine every year about the same thing.

I bet you if we all stood in the room with EA developers they would AGREE with me. All-DAY!

If you are a girly man who sits there and wants your CPU players to catch and defend for you. You will get burned its that simple!

What is so hard about that?

Learn how to play for yourself. Stop just picking the DE and watching as your opponent throws a 40 yard pass and expect your CPU to do something about it. Switch over (HEY THATS WHAT IT IS THERE FOR!) and do it YOURSELF!
Learn how to be a receiver and get in position to make the catch and stop trying to watch your CPU player do it for you.

Every GREAT player (except for dropping back so far) plays exactly like that guy on this video.

You girls play like the loser in this video and whine all day!
Wow, enough insults for forum members?

Quote:

Every GREAT player (except for dropping back so far) plays exactly like that guy on this video.

You girls play like the loser in this video and whine all day!
Do you think before you post? The extreme dropping back of the QB is the major point of this video.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Easy a 4-3, DIME, or nickel defense
Blitz one or two LBs and double cover the receivers! What is so hard about that?

This loser in the video was playing a 5-2 with a 3-4 man rush with ONE safety and you guys are crying about him getting burned! LOL!
This is too funny I am serious.

I promise you this guy could not do this to me in a game on this video.

I control my Middle LB so I would spy to make sure he doesn't scramble. Then I rush two LBS to put pressure on him. Then I have the receivers double coverage and man to man on my corners.
This idiot was playing zone safety against an opponent who bombed his passes. Crazy man! And you guys want EA to do something about it!

LOL too funny!
classic cheeser who uses a 2 or 3 play defense and blitzes 85% of the time

my god ea, this is what needs to be addressed

and with the qb dropping back 30+ yards your blitz wont even get half way there before he releases the ball
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

its not even about defending this kind of play, which BTW is silly. You talk like your going to send the house and double cover every reciever. You are aware there's only 11 guys on defense - correct?

This is about a player who drops back and plays this kind of unrealstic game. Its a waste of time that you will never get back, because some jerk wants to win at all costs and doesnt care if he's playing a fair game
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
So you telling me blitz the QB and double cover the WR!!! That is what I am hearing correct.

That is all you had to say I think everyone from that 1 comment can see you have ZERO clue of what you are talking about.

Case closed from my end
Dude you do not know football! I didn't say safety blitz or corner blitz!

Running a 4-3 defense against a 2 receiver set (like the guy in the video was doing) you can blitz one or two LBs at a time. Have the corners play man-to-man on the receivers. And the safeties play cover 2. Both receivers are covered by two defenders.

You put pressure on the QB at the same time have both receivers double covered what is so hard about that?
Old 07-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #63
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
If I am WRONG which you guys contending that I am. Why hasnt any football game made it so the person who controls his own player doesn't have the advantage over the player who expects his CPU to do it for him????
Because not everyone can control the CB's and Safeties and not blow the play. If they put the less skilled user at a disadvantage that wouldn't work. A lot of people including me can not user catch and control teh cb's and safeties adequatly enough to break up plays.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Dude you do not know football! I didn't say safety blitz or corner blitz!

Running a 4-3 defense against a 2 receiver set (like the guy in the video was doing) you can blitz one or two LBs at a time. Have the corners play man-to-man on the receivers. And the safeties play cover 2. Both receivers are covered by two defenders.

You put pressure on the QB at the same time have both receivers double covered what is so hard about that?
AND who has the flats??? or the TE???? come on sir EA SPORTS GAMER

OHHHH and he ran 4 WR set a few times soooo their is another wrench in ya amazing plan
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »