Home

ATTN EA: Tulsa Neglect (issues need to be addressed)

This is a discussion on ATTN EA: Tulsa Neglect (issues need to be addressed) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #25
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: ATTN EA: Tulsa Neglect (issues need to be addressed)

Ya i'll admit that last yr was Tulsa's last year to make a name for themselves..

But I would watch out for Southern Miss..that RB they have idk what the hell his name is but he ain't shabby. Rice vs. Tulsa this year..that's a toss up..

Tulsa does have a pretty weak defense..but man seeing them beat BYU last year was a sweet thing to see..lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Tulsa's Stadium needs to be in the game. The purple colors in the endzone is a joke.

Tulsa has great fans and an up and coming program. I agree they need more love. But they are NOT the top program in C-USA. It takes more than ONE conference championship to make that claim. They might become the number one program in a few years, but they aren't right now. Only one title, and it was three years ago.

Had to get that rant out of the way, but to the main point that EA needs to address this and not shaft these great fans and great program again next year. Same as Southern Miss' true default uniforms (black top/gold pants) needs to finally make a next gen birth.

On the field since 2005 (re-aligned C-USA, Tulsa is the top program. There is no real argument refuting that. Tulsa vs. USM? Neither game was close, not flaming or anything...Just sayin'.

Rice fan, please do not get too excited. Rice is not better than Tulsa on offense. I love Clement and Dillard, but Tulsa's offensive weaponry this season is going to rival just about anyones. The quarterback situation is going to be fine. I won't say we won't miss a beat, but we have the top JUCO QB in the nation battling with Smith's adequate backup. We are loaded in the backfield, loaded at wideout, and we returned four of our five starters on the line. We are going to break more records this year. That's why we are the unanamous selection to win the West and the heavy favorite to rip through C-USA.

You are probably right on the enrollment. I love to see some CUSA fans stand up and shout!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #27
Rookie

BTW, Southern Miss fan, I still consider USM the second best program in CUSA. But if we end up seing UCF in the title game, I think everyone has to agree that Tulsa and UCF are the top programs. That would be three out of four years a Tulsa-UCF matchup would entertain the country in the title game.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #28
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

This is quite a thread.

First of all, I think the people who do the ratings as a whole have their fair share of problems. I'm not just talking neglect for the smaller schools, I am talking the big schools as well (last time I checked AA was REALLY happy with how they did Auburn's defensive players vs Florida...). I haven't played against Tulsa, but I do know how the smaller schools in the MAC play and I don't really think they have them down in terms of ratings and what they can do.

Second, it is time to impart some Latin wisdom, being a Latin minor. Res Ipsa is literally "the thing itself", you need a verb for it to be used how you want it to be, such as "res ipsa loquitur" (the thing speaks itself). And if you wanted it to be pejorative, you would use ista. So somewhere along the line, somebody stretched the meaning of that because using ipsa referring to thing does not translate to "abusrdity". If you don't believe me, look it up online.

Third, all I can seem to remember is just what the Memphis coach said: free throws weren't going to be the difference in the game, and they weren't. Does everybody here forget how Memphis sank all of those free throws to win the game? All I can remember is that and in the closing seconds of the second half Chalmers not able to hit ANYTHING.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
This is quite a thread.

First of all, I think the people who do the ratings as a whole have their fair share of problems. I'm not just talking neglect for the smaller schools, I am talking the big schools as well (last time I checked AA was REALLY happy with how they did Auburn's defensive players vs Florida...). I haven't played against Tulsa, but I do know how the smaller schools in the MAC play and I don't really think they have them down in terms of ratings and what they can do.

Second, it is time to impart some Latin wisdom, being a Latin minor. Res Ipsa is literally "the thing itself", you need a verb for it to be used how you want it to be, such as "res ipsa loquitur" (the thing speaks itself). And if you wanted it to be pejorative, you would use ista. So somewhere along the line, somebody stretched the meaning of that because using ipsa referring to thing does not translate to "abusrdity". If you don't believe me, look it up online.

Third, all I can seem to remember is just what the Memphis coach said: free throws weren't going to be the difference in the game, and they weren't. Does everybody here forget how Memphis sank all of those free throws to win the game? All I can remember is that and in the closing seconds of the second half Chalmers not able to hit ANYTHING.

It's ok man, I know all about the meaning of res ipsa, I was trying to make a point. res ipsa loquitor is a negligence doctrine that can be used to get a circumstantial case to the jury.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #30
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by airblair223
It's ok man, I know all about the meaning of res ipsa, I was trying to make a point. res ipsa loquitor is a negligence doctrine that can be used to get a circumstantial case to the jury.
I didn't mean to come off how I did. The chance to use my latin for ANYTHING is a rare and briefly exciting moment.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #31
Rookie

Oh man it's cool. Some mindless idiot will stumble onto that education and totally screw it up while trying to act smart. So you have done the world a service by injecting more laughter!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #32
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Being from a small private school that seems to get disrespected often, I feel your pain, especially when Tulsa had been better than decent in football lately. But while I agree that EA should pay more attention to schools like Tulsa, I have to clarify a coulpe of things. First, Rice is the smallest division I school with 2,800 undergrads. If you count grad students maybe Tulsa is smaller, but undergrads is what should be considered. BTW, we have a generic stadium too (although it at least resembles Rice Stadium a lot).

Second, res ipsa my ***! Rice has a better offense than Tulsa this year. You just lost your #1 offensive player of all-time, while our top two are seniors this year. Last year was last year. Res ipsa is Tulsa going undefeated with a new QB and that weakass Graham defense. It's not like Tulsa has come even close to stopping the Owl offense the last two years (teams have split their last two meetings and both have been very close).

While you have a right to be upset at EA for their poor representation of the stadium and playbook, your QB (who hasn't played a down of Division I football), your RB, and your top WR are all rated as 84's or above, your D-line is very good, and the rest of the team is rated as average - which it is! Tulsa is a decent team, and I think the entire CUSA is underrated and poorly represented in this game, but the player's ratings are not that far off and I think EA has them rated more reasonably than some of these "experts" who watch 1 CUSA game a year.

In EA's defense, I've noticed that even though Rice is rated higher than Tulsa and Houston, those teams have more depth - more players ranked in the 75-85 range, but that's not necessarily reflected on the overall score because Rice has players like Clement and Dillard at over 90 (and rightfully so!). So while in 09 Rice might be slightly better than Tulsa in NCAA, once our super seniors graduate, Tulsa will be better in year 2 of a dynasty. Rice got absolutely no respect from the preseason pronosticators, and some surprising love from EA with their ratings. Good playbook too. Yes we were 3-9 last year, but the same cast went bowling the year before (and don't tell me it was bc of Graham, he's good, but Dillard made him look great that year and carried the team to a bowl game).

I may be biased, but the west division is wide open this year, with the Owls having as good a chance as anybody. I might rank Tulsa ahead of Rice in the west division preseason rankings of CUSA soley out of respect for what Tulsa has accomplished lately, but there's no clear favorite this year and the two best players in the conference are Owls. If you want settle this online, look me up, CUERO78 (xbox 360). C-USA online dynasty anyone??
First off when you return 4 of the 5 that put up 5,000....1,000...and 1,000 (x3) that one is not the only reason that it happened. Yes Johnson is not Paul, but to say that our offense becomes averge with the skilled players that we have is simply not smart. Also Tulsa has been picked by every coach in the conference to win the west, that includes your own.

I agree Rice will have a very strong offense this year, but you have to come to tulsa and our defense should be stronger with the changes made and a year of graham under our belt.

Since Tulsa has came into C-USA they are the winning est school in that stretch, we have been to a bowl 4 of the last 5 years, and 3 in a row. While i agree the conference is underrated, (ecu beat Boise in the Hawaii bowl) as of right now Tulsa is the top team in the the west, and possibly the conference along with UCF and southern miss has history that can't be ignored.

Rice does, good luck for this season except against my golden hurricane. EA start showing some love.

good night now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »