Home

EA?? LOL?? Is this next gen football??

This is a discussion on EA?? LOL?? Is this next gen football?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #65
Banned

ColumbusKilled's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: EA?? LOL?? Is this next gen football??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Why would anyone care if some nobody on the internet thinks they are credible or not?
*cough* fourtyeighthousandposts *cough*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #66
Banned

ColumbusKilled's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
There are exploits like this in every football game ever made. Which is exactly why I don't play online unless it's someone I know.

Does it excuse this problem no? But for me Random games are nothing more than an act of frustration.
The lack of defensive AI will affect your games vs people you know too. It will ALWAYS be a shootout.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusKilled
The problem isn't just THIS exploit.

It's that because of poor pursuit angles and GOD awful AI, even if you are playing a straight up sim player, if they run an option play you are GOING to get exploited because your defensive team mates are of NO help to you. It's basically you one on one vs the QB AND HB, and if you don't stop them it's done-deeto for you because they are GOING to burn your players, and if they wiggle the stick your player will fall down.

I LOVE how the apologists are defending these videos!!

I am LITERALLY nauseous because I KNOW what this video means.

It means that there is no patch that is going to make this game playable this year.
I haven't seen anyone defending the video. I have seen people say the sky isn't falling. But to each their own
Old 07-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
How can anyone watch this and go WOW the defense is not trying to tackle the runner???

I am lost how far someone you go defending this. The defense should NOT mimic the runner. Bottom line.

But to act like WE are wrong for thinking this is bad AI is a whole other story. Why attack US for seeing this as NOT correct?
Why attack ME for having such a huge problem with how the human is choosing to play the game in those videos?

You see? It goes both ways. You have your opinion, I have mine. That's the last thing I'm saying about it. All I can say is I play the game realistically, and I play against people who play the game realistically, and I have very few complaints with how full 4qtr games usually go. What a shock.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #69
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
*cough* fourtyeighthousandposts *cough*
**Thanks for proving my point.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #70
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
And so little typing and you still did not say how that is acceptable human playing?
The AI should be smart enough to pursue the player in the back field and punish stupid gameplay. I think that is what everyone is trying to say. The D AI should have a set of rules to follow. running around in the backfield should trigger the proper pursuit from the D.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #71
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
LOL this is insane.

Ok let me give you a answer. What if my schedule does not match someone I know and I go to play in the lobby. So then I am forced to disconnect and waste another 10 mins or so finding someone else who won't do this.

So all in all my time is being wasted because of poor AI.
That's the risk you take in playing random online games, from the guys that jump up and down and throw grenades in Quake to the chainsaw in Gears, people will always be able to exploit game glitches in online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
The lack of defensive AI will affect your games vs people you know too. It will ALWAYS be a shootout.
I disagree. But as I said, to each their own.

Is it a problem, and is defensive play a problem certainly, but when will the hysteria over ever problem found with the game end?

tomorrow it will be something else.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »