Home

Recruiting House Rules?

This is a discussion on Recruiting House Rules? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Recruiting House Rules?

Is anyone using house rules for recruiting? I'm about to start my powerhouse/1* dynasty controlling both OSU and WKU and am looking for suggestions so I don't always end up with the #1 recruiting class at OSU.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Recruiting House Rules?

I use Air Force so most of those won't apply for other schools but:

No redshirts, no JUCO.
Will not recruit players over 300 lbs and/or over 6'7".
Academic Prestige must always be pitched during visits to players no matter their interest.
A recruit must have average or greater interest in Academic Prestige. A combination of other interests, high awareness and high interest in Air Force may make up for a low AcPrstg interest on a recruit by recruit basis.
Low awareness players will not be recruited (cannot be lower than a B-, unless the recruit has AF in the top 3 schools and is very interested in academic prestige).
Non pipeline recruits must express interest in Air Force (AF must be on their list of schools).
3*** and above recruits must have AF in their top 6 schools(to be refined if AF attains 3 *** school status)
Old 07-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger

No redshirts, no JUCO.
Will not recruit players over 300 lbs and/or over 6'7".
Academic Prestige must always be pitched during visits to players no matter their interest.
A recruit must have average or greater interest in Academic Prestige. A combination of other interests, high awareness and high interest in Air Force may make up for a low AcPrstg interest on a recruit by recruit basis.
Low awareness players will not be recruited (cannot be lower than a B-, unless the recruit has AF in the top 3 schools and is very interested in academic prestige).
Non pipeline recruits must express interest in Air Force (AF must be on their list of schools).
3*** and above recruits must have AF in their top 6 schools(to be refined if AF attains 3 *** school status)
Great ideas, but how do u remember all that when recruiting?!?!?!? LoL!
Old 07-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger

No redshirts, no JUCO.

A recruit must have average or greater interest in Academic Prestige.
To Bad your not using OH*o State then

But on a side note I never recruit Juco's or Players who dont respect tradition the MICHIGAN WAY
Old 07-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

I use the academic part that mudtiger uses on all of my recruiting...it makes it so much more difficult. Plus, I figure with PSU being a bunch of thugs now, they need some class in that locker room.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

OK, here's what I'm going to role with:

In-State - anything goes

Pipeline States - can recruit up to "one star up". e.g. if you're a 1 star program it's 2 star guys for you

Other States - "one star up" rule applies plus can only recruit if a recruit has you in their top 3 to start the season.

We'll see how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »