Home

RUSHING game ISNT very realistic...

This is a discussion on RUSHING game ISNT very realistic... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: RUSHING game ISNT very realistic...

One of the best things about the PS2 versions were the overly exagerrated juke moves. I used to love those. This year's juke moves are still toned down from the past and I think they are fine myself. I actually bump up the RBA.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

IMO the rushing game is freaking awesome in this game, its the passing game that is flat out broken. Just happens that passing game is so broken that there is no reason to run at all. If they could make an equivalent passing game to the run game I would be happy!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #11
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I've been a big fan of the NCAA series over the years ...but this year the rushing game needs some work. It seems the game is designed to force users to over utilize all the super human juke moves to gain big yardage on the ground which doesnt feel very realistic. In real football, yes a juke or 2 will get you that extra yardage or break free from a tackle but it's the offensive line's ability to create that hole for the back to shoot thru that really lends to the big yardage.

In NCAA, running sweeps and tosses to the outside is too difficult to do with just pure speed and lead blocking. It seems like the only way to crack off a big gain from these plays is the over juking. Even great runners with solid lines will struggle against mediocre defenses when running the sweep and tosses to the outside because the RBs dont accelerate fast enough to the outside and they're top speeds cant seem to compete with the angle of defensive pursuit that even a subpar defender can demonstrate.

It seems like past versions of NCAA had a better balance of pure line blocking, hole creating, running opportunity that led to big gains without relying so heavily on the over excessive usage of the power/juke/spin moves.

Maybe Im way off on this one?...but I've noticed this after playing about 40 games in my dynasty and randomly playing all different dynasty matchups by controlling random teams throughout the schedule. I've even noticed that monster rushing teams that are leading the league in rushing yardage struggled in games I've played with them against teams that were clearly inferior.

Maybe its just the All American setting that's the problem?

I also have Human LINE BLOCKING up to 75 and RB Ability at 50 to try to encourage the running game to be more realisitically established thru line blocking rather than super human juking RBs
It also helps blocking wise to use slide protection...Not only that but who you have out there too...ratings etc.

I run a spread offense w/ ECU so most of my plays come from the shotgun. When not in the shotgun I rarely run any two back sets...When I want to run a lot of time I use the Singleback-Big which gives me two TEs. I like to run to the left side since my 2nd TE is actually a LT w/ really good hands that i converted to a TE for this purpose only...to run to the left.

I'll run a HB Power sweep or HB Counter to the left side w/ both WRs and basically two LTs on that side. I've broken two runs w/ this play for a 43 yd TD and a 49 yd TD while calling for slide protection to pull to that left side.

This has been a very powerful play in my playbook, but I still don't ALWAYS get gains out of it. The CPU D does react to that set because sometimes they blitz more than they would've earlier and get me for a loss, and it really only works best when I have more open field to my left side.

You've got to play around w/ things, experiment, and be innovative (for lack of a better word), and you will see more runs that are "football" like rather than having to do some crazy jukes/spins/etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #12
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I think it is important for all of you to post the difficulty level you are playing on. I find AA with default sliders to be difficult to break long runs until fairly late in the game. I like using middle of the road teams like Arizona, and Oregon, and I normally play exhibition games against the USC's and Georgia's (just as tests). Running out of a singleback set I can average 2-3 yards per carry, until the 4th when the line seems to wear down and I can rip off 8 yard gains. I have noticed it's almost impossible to break into the open field on AA dificulty.

Now I play more of a spread/passing offense, so any help on breaking large runs would be successful. I can hang in with the 99 rated team defenses, but I can never seem to beat them with the run on AA.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Ive been playing on heisman in an online dynasty as colorado. Now granted I played tennessee and lsu so far but my rushing average is 3.3 . this is drastically lower than past years for me. i am having i real hard time running the ball.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #14
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I play on default AA and the running game seems fine to me.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Bumble...I play on a variation of Auburn Alumni's AA sliders. I use ECU, play ALL non-conference games, and only the better/rival CUSA teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_deacon
Just don't run a trap.

Guaranteed loss. Has anyone gotten a trap to work?
I get Traps to work all the time. Not 100%, but quite often. I love to run traps, counters, cutbacks, and off tackles. Most of these runs take time to develop and demands more patience. When I see most people struggle with these types of runs, it's because they try to Sprint immediately after the handoff. This hurts more than helps. But if you're running a straight dive, find the first hole and XplOOd !!!! through it.

I've been playing as Michigan in an Online Dynasy and have been playing of the Heisman difficulty with default sliders. Ranked matches are AA and my Play Now matches are also Heisman with default sliders. My running average is 7.2, but I run a lot of spread which opens up the middle more on running situations. Most of my runs come against 3 or 4 man fronts with minimal LB support. So, 7.2 is probably a little misleading.

Last edited by Security Device; 07-29-2008 at 10:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »