Home

Will EA renew the NCAA license??

This is a discussion on Will EA renew the NCAA license?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #9
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Will EA renew the NCAA license??

No coaches, no fg nets, no chain gang, no refs on field, no coin toss, 2 dimensional paper cut crowd, media staff who stand on the sideline facing the same direction the whole game no matter where the play happens, generic bench instead of the actual offense or defense unit on the sideline, 10 players all doing the same animation at the same time on the bench, home team in all black, but players on bench have white pants, wait michigan and wisconsin wearing black cleats in game but white cleats on the bench? fatigued players bounce up and down like a 2 year old instead of just slowing down, most plays it doesnt even look like feet are touching the field just gliding across the screen when you switch ball to other hand, suction blocking, warp tackles.......
UNC Basketball - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
Rookie

CC2009's Arena

You guys do remember 2Ks football game, right?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #11
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

I put on the 2k8 All Pro demo and it had alot of what i posted above thats not in EA games and that was thier first attempt at "next gen" football!
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenArmz
I put on the 2k8 All Pro demo and it had alot of what i posted above thats not in EA games and that was thier first attempt at "next gen" football!
Its easy to have FG nets and animated sidelines when your player models are just ported from last gen. They don't tax the systems like the player models do in NCAA 09.

This debate is pointless. 2K has one foot in the grave. They will not be making APF 2K9 this year and they may never make another football game again.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OOohhhh, my player models look like real people, but the animations look like robots. Are you serious, we want real looking players over real gameplay? Better player models over better pursuit angles? More muscle definition over a real difference in FCS east QB vs #1 Georgia QB?
Wow so this is what football games have come too! Sorry but i want it all if im going to spend my money on your product. You dont buy a Benz to have it perform like a Kia do you? "Hey she looks good but only does 0 to 60 in 2 mins".
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
OOohhhh, my player models look like real people, but the animations look like robots. Are you serious, we want real looking players over real gameplay? Better player models over better pursuit angles? More muscle definition over a real difference in FCS east QB vs #1 Georgia QB?
Wow so this is what football games have come too! Sorry but i want it all if im going to spend my money on your product. You dont buy a Benz to have it perform like a Kia do you? "Hey she looks good but only does 0 to 60 in 2 mins".
So sell NCAA and stop playing it. You like APF - keep playing that game. Whatever you enjoy. My point is that each game has a feature set that prevents other things from being added. OMT already stated that the detailed player models running at 60 fps prevents them from adding more detail to the sidelines. Its a horsepower issues for some of these things.

I do find it funny that you want to talk gameplay now but your previous rant was all about refs on the field, how the sidelines look, uniforms, shoes and other NON gameplay related things.

The EA vs. 2K debate continues to rage on. I guess this will never stop.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #15
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
No coaches, no fg nets, no chain gang, no refs on field, no coin toss, 2 dimensional paper cut crowd, media staff who stand on the sideline facing the same direction the whole game no matter where the play happens, generic bench instead of the actual offense or defense unit on the sideline, 10 players all doing the same animation at the same time on the bench, home team in all black, but players on bench have white pants, wait michigan and wisconsin wearing black cleats in game but white cleats on the bench? fatigued players bounce up and down like a 2 year old instead of just slowing down, most plays it doesnt even look like feet are touching the field just gliding across the screen when you switch ball to other hand, suction blocking, warp tackles.......
LMAO!!!

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #16
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

Not a EA *****...I love ncaa 09 and cant stop playing it but.........If this lisence expires, I firmly believe that 2k would make an amazing NCAA game. 2k is soo good at doing all the little things that make football and basketball games great. I would be super excited to see what they could do to the college football game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »