Home

Screen Passes Can't Be Stopped.

This is a discussion on Screen Passes Can't Be Stopped. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Screen Passes Can't Be Stopped.

I tried everything, guy scored 7 touchdowns on screen passes, every time he needed a play he ran a screen to his halfback, and cover 2, cover 3, zone flats with man, 2 man under man press, nothing could stop it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Screen Passes Can't Be Stopped.

I've been getting burned on those plays as well. The wall will set up and the Heisman speed burst will kick in. I've stopped a few of them, but rarely for negative yards. I've seen too many big gains off them.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #3
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksont09
I tried everything, guy scored 7 touchdowns on screen passes, every time he needed a play he ran a screen to his halfback, and cover 2, cover 3, zone flats with man, 2 man under man press, nothing could stop it
I haven't played on Heisman setting yet, but I've gotten pretty good success playing as a LB and recognizing the play fairly early. I don't know what position you play as, but I've played enough to be able to recognize it and just go stand in front of the HB or get close enough to tackle him immediately.

I like what they did to the HB screen pass but with EVERY new feature or improvement it usually takes a year to iron out the kinks. The patch coming out might fix OL protection to maybe more screens will get blown up in the backfield...
Old 07-30-2008, 01:38 AM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i have experienced the opposite. the CPU can't run it because they are too stupid. and i can't run against them, because they have 1-2 guys covering my RB most of the time. on WR screens the blockers "forget" to block the nearest defender and it gets blown up. i have been playing on Heisman if that even makes a difference in this game right now.

on user vs user games, haven't seen it to be effective either yet.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-30-2008, 02:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Against people if i cover the rb, Im fs, they go deep to a speedy guy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 AM   #6
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

The best thing to run is man d. If you run zone and you know the screen is coming, hot route a lb or DL to man up the HB. works every time.

OT but to stop rocket catching(strafe catching), use the hit stick low. you have to time it right. The key is hit the wr before the ball arrives.=(no flag) and a pissed off cheeser lol
Old 07-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 34

Defense against the screen is weird..and erratic., Sometimes, even in man defense, there will be no one in sight of the HB. Sometimes a DL will recognize it and break it up, sometimes someone will be where they are supposed to be.

It's really inconsistant.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Defense against the screen is weird..and erratic., Sometimes, even in man defense, there will be no one in sight of the HB. Sometimes a DL will recognize it and break it up, sometimes someone will be where they are supposed to be.

It's really inconsistant.
It is inconsistent, which is why the user has to manually cover it 95% of the time. The key is to stay in the passing lane so that the pass can't be completed. If you try to sit back and wait for the pass to be made, one of the blockers will be right there to light you up as you sprint towards the RB...leading to a big gain more than likely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »