Home

Can someone explain Online Dynasty to me?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain Online Dynasty to me? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can someone explain Online Dynasty to me?

Yes, for real. I don't understand this new feature.

At first I thought.......cool.....I can build up my offline dynasty and then go online.....take my year 5 dynasty and play someone.

I don't think that's what this feature is though.
And while I'm at it, can anyone say for sure if online playing in general is better than just playing the CPU? Especially this year? I played online all of about 15 games a few years ago and promptly retired from it.

I got my butt handed to me online. I didn't mind the losing. Really, I didn't. It was "how" I was getting beat that pissed me off. People subbing in WR's at QB and running around all day. Throwing bomb after bomb , going for it on 4 th and 30. Just stupid stuff.

YES! YES! I could have learned to "stop" it. But at what cost? Beat a glitch with a glitch? It just never appealed to me to learn how to stop the ******** stuff. Stopping good , solid players was one thing. I played a few very good guys. Sometimes I won, sometimes I lost. Always had fun with those games. It was hard to find good games though. Has anything changed?

< seriously, I don't understand online dynasty >
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Can someone explain Online Dynasty to me?

Online dynasty....

you and a group of people can play a multiplayer dynasty....you each control your own teams, play your own games (and play each other when the schedule calls for it), recruit against each other, and build your programs. You each play your game and recruit and then the commissioner advances the dynasty to the next week so you can play your next games.

hope that explains it....you play your games against the CPU unless a team on your schedule is human controlled
Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Can someone explain Online Dynasty to me?

its the same concept as offline dynasty. you can have up to 12 users competing together in the same dynasty. you recruit the same pool of players and play your games. the games could be against the CPU or another human. you can pick whatever team you want. if someone wanted to be Ohio State, and someone else Western Kentucky, then so be it.

the only difference i can think of off the top on my head, is that in an Online dynasy, there are no job offer, you can't be fired, and you can't get conference invites.

it also can last 60 years, just like offline dynasties.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »