Home

NCAA vs. Madden

This is a discussion on NCAA vs. Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: NCAA vs. Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
No matter what anyone says, college football is more offensive in nature than the NFL. Just look at the title games from the last year as a reference. The Giants held the high powered Patriots offense in check and yet OSU's great defense couldn't keep LSU from scoring 38 points.

More proof you say? The average point total per game (one team) last year in the NFL was 21.7 points per game. If you just look at the SEC conference, the average point total per game for only conference games was 27.1. I haven't done it for other conferences but its not hard to believe there is more offense in college than the NFL.

That said, wide open gameplay doesn't excuse some of the issues the game has. But the op is right in saying college has more offense. No question imo.
Well Said. I agree completly
Old 07-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
There have been plenty of college games and even natl title games that have been defensive battles.
The nation champion the last 4 years has scored 38 points or more. The Big 10 averaged 26.3 points per game in conference matchups in 2007. That's still far greater than the NFL's 21.7 average no matter how you spin it.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:02 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Reading is also fundamental. I SAID in my post, "How many of these teams that averaged 30 points did so against other TOP(keywordL TOP) D1 teams?" Sure some of these high scoring teams can hang 50 on FIU, but what about against other teams just as good or better than them.

There have been plenty of college games and even natl title games that have been defensive battles.

You are comparing a 30 team NFL league with a 120 team NCAA. Of course the numbers are going to be skewed. You also could take 40 NCAA teams and also make the case that college is a defensive based game.
Bowl games WVU vs. Oklahoma WVU scored 48

GA vs. Hawaii GA 41

USC vs. Illinois

USC 49

LSU 38 against Ohio St. in the national championship and Giants 17 against the Pats in the superbowl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 01:02 PM   #12
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
No matter what anyone says, college football is more offensive in nature than the NFL. Just look at the title games from the last year as a reference. The Giants held the high powered Patriots offense in check and yet OSU's great defense couldn't keep LSU from scoring 38 points.

More proof you say? The average point total per game (one team) last year in the NFL was 21.7 points per game. If you just look at the SEC conference, the average point total per game for only conference games was 27.1. I haven't done it for other conferences but its not hard to believe there is more offense in college than the NFL.

That said, wide open gameplay doesn't excuse some of the issues the game has. But the op is right in saying college has more offense. No question imo.
I agree with Rudy... especially the bold-underlined statement.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:

There is bugs as there is with every game.

1.QB's too accurate
2.not enough dropped balls
3.When I get pressure on the QB it doesn't effect him much
4.Kick returns
5.When i hit the QB it doesn't effect the pass

Those are my main concerns but it doesn't hinder the game like everyone says
Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 34

Are college games, in general, higher scoring? Well of course. You are dealing with a much wider gap in talent.

In reality, there are more Central Michigan's and North Texas's then there are LSU's Florida's and USC's

You dont see 45-10 scores very often when teams in the top half of the top 25 play each other.

I'd even go so far as to say, that there really isnt much difference between the team ranked 15-25, and the top 4 or 5 teams in the "Also recieving votes" section.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:11 PM   #15
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

I agree college is more offensive-based than the pros, but you can't get a decent defensive battle in this game.

Anyone remember a few years ago when #2 Texas played at #4 Ohio St.? Ohio St. kept Texas in check for most of the game...it was a low scoring affair with Texas winning 25-22.

If you put these two teams together now with those same players from then, I can guarantee you the score will be close to 50 points for each team with this year's wide-open gameplay. I just feel they have given the offense TOO MUCH reign this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I agree college is more offensive-based than the pros, but you can't get a decent defensive battle in this game.

Anyone remember a few years ago when #2 Texas played at #4 Ohio St.? Ohio St. kept Texas in check for most of the game...it was a low scoring affair with Texas winning 25-22.

If you put these two teams together now with those same players from then, I can guarantee you the score will be close to 50 points for each team with this year's wide-open gameplay. I just feel they have given the offense TOO MUCH reign this year.
I've had low scoring games 13-7 and etc.. you need a good defensive team and a good gameplan to do so though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »