Home

Where do I start..

This is a discussion on Where do I start.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Where do I start..

First of all, I've been a huge fan of NCAA Football series for quite a while. I haven't purchased the game yet, but I plan to in a day or two.

I've read as many reviews as possible about NCAA Football 09 and visit the forum everyday to check for flaws and such. Now, I'm aware that developers of the game are working on patches to make the game as best as possible. I'm not just a casual NCAA Football fan, I pay attention to every detail, hoping this year's of NCAA 09 is the closest it has ever come as far as "realistic" gameplay goes.

I know a patch for "roster bug" is on it's way. But I've read so many complaints about the gameplay from fellow Operation Sports forum members and critics. But one thing I know is that there's no way that I would wait for 2-3 months to purchase the game (assuming that's when the 2nd patch comes out). So, like I said above, I will probably purchase this game in a day or two.

Before I make it way too long, do you guys (as in hardcore NCAA Football fans) enjoy the game more than you did NCAA Football 08? As far as "fun factor" goes, do you think it's possible to play multiple years of Dynasty in spite of so many bugs in gameplay without feeling too "arcade" like? Arcade-like as in, where you go, "Wow, this is definitely not possible in real life" etc. I know it's a game, and it's impossible to expect the PERFECT REAL LIFE gameplay, but when it's way too unbalanced, it takes away the fun.

So, yeah..any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Where do I start..

Your "feedback" has already been posted hundreds of times.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Save yourself $60.00, and get 2008 for $15-$20 (used).

The Dynasty mode is identical (sans the quick-call recruit option) and the gameplay provides a more realistic interpretation of football.

I'm in year 2 1/2 of my 2008 dynasty, and I'm pretty satisfied.

Once I was able to run in circles with my punt returner and still score a touchdown, and blow the computer out every game in NCAA 2009, I simply couldn't take the game seriously anymore, and haven't played it since.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongsona
First of all, I've been a huge fan of NCAA Football series for quite a while. I haven't purchased the game yet, but I plan to in a day or two.

I've read as many reviews as possible about NCAA Football 09 and visit the forum everyday to check for flaws and such. Now, I'm aware that developers of the game are working on patches to make the game as best as possible. I'm not just a casual NCAA Football fan, I pay attention to every detail, hoping this year's of NCAA 09 is the closest it has ever come as far as "realistic" gameplay goes.

I know a patch for "roster bug" is on it's way. But I've read so many complaints about the gameplay from fellow Operation Sports forum members and critics. But one thing I know is that there's no way that I would wait for 2-3 months to purchase the game (assuming that's when the 2nd patch comes out). So, like I said above, I will probably purchase this game in a day or two.

Before I make it way too long, do you guys (as in hardcore NCAA Football fans) enjoy the game more than you did NCAA Football 08? As far as "fun factor" goes, do you think it's possible to play multiple years of Dynasty in spite of so many bugs in gameplay without feeling too "arcade" like? Arcade-like as in, where you go, "Wow, this is definitely not possible in real life" etc. I know it's a game, and it's impossible to expect the PERFECT REAL LIFE gameplay, but when it's way too unbalanced, it takes away the fun.

So, yeah..any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Honestly, the game is tons of fun. But it all comes down to how you play. Will you go into replay every play and look for flaws? Or will you just play the game and if the numbers come out somewhat realistic you will be satisfied? If you answered yes to no. 2, then you will be satisfied. Find a good set of sliders and rosters, and you should be set! Personally, I'm in year 1 of my Mizzou and 4-0, but I almost lost to Buffalo lol. I can't wait to play Nebraska my next game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Honestly, I like 2008 better. I've tried to like 2009, but it's just not a good game. I find myself super-simming when I'm on D and this just takes the fun of the game.

I'd highly recommend renting it first if you can. That's the only way you're going to reach an informed decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
Honestly, the game is tons of fun. But it all comes down to how you play. Will you go into replay every play and look for flaws? Or will you just play the game and if the numbers come out somewhat realistic you will be satisfied? If you answered yes to no. 2, then you will be satisfied. Find a good set of sliders and rosters, and you should be set! Personally, I'm in year 1 of my Mizzou and 4-0, but I almost lost to Buffalo lol. I can't wait to play Nebraska my next game.
I dont think anyone is going into replays looking for flaws, man. It's just that you'll see something and have a "WTH was THAT?!?!" moment while playing and then you have to go back in and look at the replay to make sure your not seeing stuff.

To the OP, I wouldn't buy the games UNLESS you can look past a number of glaring issues, robo-QB that is sometimes so bad that it doesnt matter your defensive scheme at all, and other various issues.

I had few problems with 2008 while many people bashed it, but for 2009, I cannot stand it. It's beautiful to look at graphic wise, but thats it.

Rent it first.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, maybe I should rent it first. But I remember reading a thread about bugs/glitches EA is going to address and if it's patchable.

Only if EA can fix majority of bugs when it comes to gameplay..

I'll keep my fingers cross.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I dont think anyone is going into replays looking for flaws, man. It's just that you'll see something and have a "WTH was THAT?!?!" moment while playing and then you have to go back in and look at the replay to make sure your not seeing stuff.

To the OP, I wouldn't buy the games UNLESS you can look past a number of glaring issues, robo-QB that is sometimes so bad that it doesnt matter your defensive scheme at all, and other various issues.

I had few problems with 2008 while many people bashed it, but for 2009, I cannot stand it. It's beautiful to look at graphic wise, but thats it.

Rent it first.
Your still going back into replay mode though... Oh well, I like the game and am not seeing this Robo QB, so i guess that's all that should matter to me.

But yeah your best bet is to rent it OP. Some love it and some hate it. Your opinion is the only opinion that should matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »