Home

Patch 1 and 2 Info

This is a discussion on Patch 1 and 2 Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #73
Banned

senfgastn's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Patch 1 and 2 Info

I find it really ridiculous that Microsoft nor Sony can give a date on the first patch. Correct me if they have. It seems like they would be able to since they can give dates on all of those XBLA games. Something inside me does not trust this whole patch situation, and it would not be the first time NCAA Football has pulled a fast one on all of us. I know disappointment has abounded over the title, and I'm sorry to reiterate. I've enjoyed the game as much as I can enjoy something with so many bugs, but when I went to Gamestop, handed over $60.00 for a preorder, and then showed up at midnight July 15, I expected to get a product that wasn't a beta. It kind of reminds me of '07 on 360. When roster editing was suspiciously left out. Well, it's in now. I guess...Sorry if it pisses you off Adam, I know it's not your fault. Some testers really messed up, though. You guys worked your asses off to have to deal with people like me. I hope many jobs were lost on the testing side for this.

Last edited by senfgastn; 08-01-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #74
Rookie

MU ATO's Arena

OVR: 2
Angry Re: Patch 1 and 2 Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJay
don't think there's an issue with pass rush really.. it's just that as soon as you get even the slightest bit of pressure on the QB, he turns into Robo QB and makes quick, accurate reads every single time
Someone like myself that always uses a D lineman this years version has been beyond frustrating!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #75
Rookie

MU ATO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I don't know why so many people on here act like tere is no problem with the defensive speed. They act like it's just fine when it's not. Theres no reason 2nd string DB's should not be able to speed-wise keep up with a FB on a 5-6 yd curl route.

I think EA is treading on dangerous territory. Many people are taking this patch as a last resort, and will not buy this series anymore after this year if this game doesnt improve post-patch. If the defensive speed is this slow and other things are way off, and it doesn't get fixed in this patch, tht means someone at EA thinks it fine. Therefore it'll be that way 2010 as well.
Solid point, unless they continue to see complaints and fix the "misses" of the previous year.

Of course thats said on bended knees with fingers crossed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #76
Rookie

MU ATO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
It's a good thing that I do not play Madden, as I would have sold this weeks ago or neglected alltogether. Playing a NCAA game used to be unique, but instead we are guinea pigs for Madden.

It is sad that the "real" version of the game (2 patches) will not be here until early September. That's basically a month and a half of having a broken game which is really bad considering how quickly many gamers will switch to Madden as soon as that is released and do a Gamestop trade in deal.

If I buy the game next year, it will probably be a month or so after release considering that the retail version will be broken as well and obligatory patches will have been out already. What's an EA game without a few patches these days?
Thats why I play the Dynastys and Franchises. Draft your players onto Madden and you can have fun for seasons and seasons. Well last year you couldnt becuase of all the issues....

So actually ...
Old 08-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #77
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoul86
I noticed there was no mention of a lack of deep balls by the cpu in the patch, that is extremely unfortunate.
I would like more deep balls as well. You know, I wonder if the CPU doesn't go deep enough because it always seems to have underneath stuff open or nearly open (sometimes with INTs ) I say this because when I do a good job of covering a lot of the underneath stuff, they either throw deeper or throw an INT. If they would throw out of bounds more, and not force it, that would help too. This is all at the All American level with tweaked sliders (Jistics) that I am talking about. I gave up on Heisman a while ago mostly due to really bad OL/DL play and robo QB stuff being worse on Heisman.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

Perhaps I am missing something but the original post listing the fixes in the 1st patch does not include the roster problem.

I have yet to start a dynasty (which I why I bought the damn thing) because I want to ensure the rosters I get from EA Locker don't have bugs that will crash the game.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #79
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

the first patch is to fix the roster issues. The 2nd is a gameplay patch.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks...

So the list in the 1st post is stuff going in the 2nd patch?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »