Home

When will EA add 1-aa teams?

This is a discussion on When will EA add 1-aa teams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #25
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: When will EA add 1-aa teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by advisory
Here's what I don't understand. No matter what semantics you bring in to it (no space, yet there are a lot of pointless features), it boils down to this one thing that should be explained...

Shouldn't a newer system be able to do EVERYTHING that the older system was doing? At the VERY LEAST be able to do that AND improved graphics. I mean, that should be the very least, right?

It almost seems as though they're completely different systems by different companies. One uses it's ability to have better graphics, the other for better gameplay. So we're basically sacrificing some gameplay for better graphics?

Seems a little odd to me.
AMEN!!!!

My thing with this is that EA can't use these excuses for much longer. Let's say hypothetically the Xbox720/PS4 come out and there are NCAA/Madden games for that. So will there still be excuses for not getting everything into the 720/PS4 versions that were in the 360/PS3 versions, let alone the Xbox/PS2 versions.

I think I can speak for many people here when they say they have been disappointed with next gen football in general. Another disappointment like this may alienate many hardcore fans of Madden and NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Even if we gave them all generic stadiums, considering every team needs a field, helmet, and at least two uniforms there would be a disk space issue. I don't remember the exact figures, but all that takes up around 8 megs per team. We are up on our disk space limit, so in addition to all the time spent getting them in game and making the art, we would have to spend more time creating disk space.
OMT, thanks for coming on these boards and sharing insights into the development cycle. Some of us really do appreciate it.

With disk space limits, and such a diverse customer base, do you see a day when NCAA would come out with multiple versions? So for example one version would focus on offline with 1-aa teams and features. And a separate version would be focused on the online crowd and all the features they need?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #27
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
OMT, thanks for coming on these boards and sharing insights into the development cycle. Some of us really do appreciate it.

With disk space limits, and such a diverse customer base, do you see a day when NCAA would come out with multiple versions? So for example one version would focus on offline with 1-aa teams and features. And a separate version would be focused on the online crowd and all the features they need?
That is an interesting idea. I could see Madden thinking of something like that. The problem would be you are splitting your customer base, and would have to split your resources. Also, you would be competing against yourself for customers.

Though I wonder if an online head to head game for a reduced price would be feasible. Only game modes are play now, practice, and the online features (but not online dynasty). The dev work would go into gameplay tuning, which would be done anyway for the regular product, as well as optimizations for online play. How much do you think people would pay for that? $30 maybe? That's not a bad idea right there!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #28
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
AMEN!!!!

My thing with this is that EA can't use these excuses for much longer. Let's say hypothetically the Xbox720/PS4 come out and there are NCAA/Madden games for that. So will there still be excuses for not getting everything into the 720/PS4 versions that were in the 360/PS3 versions, let alone the Xbox/PS2 versions.

I think I can speak for many people here when they say they have been disappointed with next gen football in general. Another disappointment like this may alienate many hardcore fans of Madden and NCAA.
Do you really think this is an EA thing? There are countless franchises that have made the transition to next gen and have suffered from a lighter feature set to get the project done across all game companies. I mean, 2K's football game didn't even have a multi season mode.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #29
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Even if we gave them all generic stadiums, considering every team needs a field, helmet, and at least two uniforms there would be a disk space issue. I don't remember the exact figures, but all that takes up around 8 megs per team. We are up on our disk space limit, so in addition to all the time spent getting them in game and making the art, we would have to spend more time creating disk space.

Guys, it isn't a trivial task. It is a huge task. And it being on last gen for so many years doesn't mean we did it EVERY year. I think we added 1AA teams twice over the lifetime of that product.
your talking about the 360's limitations right? This can't be the case for the ps3.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
Just lol at the thought that disk storage has anything to do with them including IAA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Just lol at the thought of someone lol that disk storage was an issue and being wrong...lol
Old 08-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I'll second that. I appreciate it too. Even though I can sound frustrated at times.

I guess I just had it fixed in to my head as a little kid that anything was possible. And I kind of grew up thinking that an ULTIMATE football game could be out there and we had the ability to make it. But for marketing and financial reasons, it wasn't being made because companies rather drang along the evolution of it to maximize profits. By only coming out with several new features year after year, instead of just unloading everything all at once.

Sometimes it just feels like we're part of the herd and we're only being given a slightly bigger area to roam year after year instead of just getting it all at once to roam free as we wish. Bad analogy maybe, but that's what was vomited out of my mouth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #32
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
your talking about the 360's limitations right? This can't be the case for the ps3.
Yeah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »