Home

Deja Vu, I swear I'm playing 08' again!

This is a discussion on Deja Vu, I swear I'm playing 08' again! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #17
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Deja Vu, I swear I'm playing 08' again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Or it could just be my suckitude.
...except none of my league leading 26 picks were user picks. A lot of them were the cpu making silly throws to out routes where the receiver hit the sideline and stopped allowing the defender to make an easy pick and the cpu throwing bullet passes to deepish slants when it should be throwing lob passes

Hopefully me nerfing wrc kept the receiver from fighting for the ball or something else was going on.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #18
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Ok, thanks for the info. Could be WRC at 0 is screwing things up for me because I too have ints at o and I had qba at 40.
I'm not sure if that was directed my way but if it was then should I re-set WRC to 15 like AuburnAlumni posted in his slider thread? Did you change yours and that's why your second season had less forced turnovers? I know he has WRC set at 15 but I lowered that more for my skill not really the CPU and I'm still throwing 74% but I also like to dink and dunk that's mainly the reason it's that high because it surely isn't my stick skillz.lol Also like to note that both on offense and defense I use Corso called plays (1st page), it makes it more challenging for me and for some reason I feel like it adds some type of realism and it keeps me from wanting to cheese my way down the field.lol

Quote:
...except none of my league leading 26 picks were user picks. A lot of them were the cpu making silly throws to out routes where the receiver hit the sideline and stopped allowing the defender to make an easy pick and the cpu throwing bullet passes to deepish slants when it should be throwing lob passes

Hopefully me nerfing wrc kept the receiver from fighting for the ball or something else was going on.
(Bolded) Precisly what I'm seeing.
-Also pardon my stupidity but I don't understand what was put in your last paragraph.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:27 AM   #19
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Here's 2 examples of silly cpu qb throws I see all the time.

I present 'Cpu throws to out route on short side of the field.'

Man to man coverage on the outside. The wr is running about a 10 yard out route to the sideline.

But you say how can this out route possibly result in something good? I mean look at it, as soon as he turns he'll hit the sideline? No matter, cpu qb fearlessly throws it anyways.

CPU QB AI thoughts: Oh wait, this may not end up like I thought. The WR has turned up field because he's hit the sideline, but I've just thrown the ball to an out pattern. Hmm, I hope coach won't yell at me for this.

Here's another just called 'Why?'

I'm in a 3-3-5 cover 2 buc. Cpu has 3 wides, 2 to the right, 1 to the left. He's running a deep slant on the left. Even pre-snap it's not looking good to throw the WR on the left unless the LB underneath and the safety over the top vacate the area by blitzing or covering man to man leaving the WR in single coverage.

Does that happen? Nope. The WR is smothered in coverage. 1 is covering anything underneath towards the sideline. 2 has underneath to the middle. 3 has over the top. No qb in their right mind would throw into this. Yeah yeah these are college kids and sometimes they do. The problem is I see this all the damn time and from scrub qbs to 90+ qbs.

Ball is thrown anyways even though the qb is under no pressure to force the ball into coverage. The receivers on the right side were covered pretty well too...but looky there, mr check down right in the middle of the field is just beginning to hit the brakes to sit down under the zone and he's wide open. Too bad.

Pick by the OLB that was staring at the QB the whole play.

I can understand this happening to bad qbs or guys that are under pressure. This happens all the time though to bad and good qbs whether they are pressured or not.

Last but not least, another pick scenario that happened frequently last year. The qb throws a bullet pass to a deep corner route when it should be throwing a lob and leading the receiver. Instead the bullet pass allows the defender underneath to swat the ball or make an attempt at the pick. This ball should be thrown to lead the receiver precisely to avoid the defender being able to make a play. If he throws it too far, it's just an overthrown incomplete, so what. If he underthrows, the defender can make a play.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #20
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Here's 2 examples of silly cpu qb throws I see all the time.

I present 'Cpu throws to out route on short side of the field.'

Man to man coverage on the outside. The wr is running about a 10 yard out route to the sideline.

But you say how can this out route possibly result in something good? I mean look at it, as soon as he turns he'll hit the sideline? No matter, cpu qb fearlessly throws it anyways.

CPU QB AI thoughts: Oh wait, this may not end up like I thought. The WR has turned up field because he's hit the sideline, but I've just thrown the ball to an out pattern. Hmm, I hope coach won't yell at me for this.

Here's another just called 'Why?'

I'm in a 3-3-5 cover 2 buc. Cpu has 3 wides, 2 to the right, 1 to the left. He's running a deep slant on the left. Even pre-snap it's not looking good to throw the WR on the left unless the LB underneath and the safety over the top vacate the area by blitzing or covering man to man leaving the WR in single coverage.

Does that happen? Nope. The WR is smothered in coverage. 1 is covering anything underneath towards the sideline. 2 has underneath to the middle. 3 has over the top. No qb in their right mind would throw into this. Yeah yeah these are college kids and sometimes they do. The problem is I see this all the damn time and from scrub qbs to 90+ qbs.

Ball is thrown anyways even though the qb is under no pressure to force the ball into coverage. The receivers on the right side were covered pretty well too...but looky there, mr check down right in the middle of the field is just beginning to hit the brakes to sit down under the zone and he's wide open. Too bad.

Pick by the OLB that was staring at the QB the whole play.

I can understand this happening to bad qbs or guys that are under pressure. This happens all the time though to bad and good qbs whether they are pressured or not.

Last but not least, another pick scenario that happened frequently last year. The qb throws a bullet pass to a deep corner route when it should be throwing a lob and leading the receiver. Instead the bullet pass allows the defender underneath to swat the ball or make an attempt at the pick. This ball should be thrown to lead the receiver precisely to avoid the defender being able to make a play. If he throws it too far, it's just an overthrown incomplete, so what. If he underthrows, the defender can make a play.
WOW I swear I can change the uniforms in you screens and I'm looking at one of mine. That's exactly to a T what I've seen all season, so much so that by week 9 I started calling out in my head what passes were going to be picked and which ones weren't and I guessed right about 97% or the time.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #21
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJEM
WOW I swear I can change the uniforms in you screens and I'm looking at one of mine. That's exactly to a T what I've seen all season, so much so that by week 9 I started calling out in my head what passes were going to be picked and which ones weren't and I guessed right about 97% or the time.
Yeah, cpu qb ai did this last year all the time. I still see it all the time this year which makes me think any fix for the cpu throwing ints didn't really fix the underlying problem, but just addressed the symptoms of the problem...but that's just my opinion. If others have gone near a whole season only seeing 10 picks, I begin to wonder if it's how I set up my sliders that is somehow causing this? But the same throws were made last year and lead to high picks so I don't see how sliders could change the cpu qb ai's decision making.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »