Home

WTF is robo QB?

This is a discussion on WTF is robo QB? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4
WTF is robo QB?

I hardly ever have problems stopping an offense on heisman...Just right now I held Oklahoma to 3 points...Picked Bradford off twice and sacked him once...I rarely allow the CPU to do anything unless I'm having an off game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: WTF is robo QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze56
I rarely allow the CPU to do anything unless I'm having an off game.
How do you play 11 players at one time?
Old 08-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

You're jetpacking...

But anyhow, Robo QB is when a computer QB makes plays because it's destined to be completed... Plays that are 100% impossible like a 50 yard screen pass behind him while running in the other direction...
Old 08-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

Ummm I zone blitz and make the QB make quick decisions and make the o-line confused...So Bradford gets sacked...has to hit his hot route which is covered pretty good or he's gotta make a perfect pass to hit his guy downfield.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

WOW!!! Never thought of that... And it works ALL the time!!! Amazing... What you just described is usually what results in the Robo QB... It's unavoidable!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

nekstyami's Arena

OVR: 2

i've had several times where the QB will be rolling out to the opposite side of his throwing arm and then throw a 15-20yrd bullet to the OTHER SIDE of the field between 2 defenders and completing the pass for a huge gain... WHILE hurried
Old 08-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekstyami
i've had several times where the QB will be rolling out to the opposite side of his throwing arm and then throw a 15-20yrd bullet to the OTHER SIDE of the field between 2 defenders and completing the pass for a huge gain... WHILE hurried

You guys should definitely give my sliders a try... It deals with some of those issues that everyone hates... But you still have to play good defense and get pressure to make plays... Let me know what you guys think
Old 08-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #8
Rookie

nekstyami's Arena

OVR: 2

i use some sliders that have the pass blocking down and such... it helps... also if you bring blitz's with your lb's and corners... miz it up... and jump the snap with these players it helps to hurry the QB in making bad decisions... Of course the Robo QB situation doesn't happen EVERY down but it does happen once or twice a game it seems... its pretty much unavoidable at this point... if the CPU wants to score bad enough it finds a way... it makes me cry inside...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »