Home

So The Patch Is Gonna Be Useless??

This is a discussion on So The Patch Is Gonna Be Useless?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #9
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: So The Patch Is Gonna Be Useless??

I get plenty of sacks on default sliders. Stop complaining and enjoy the patch. If the patch fixes the sliders then it could improve the pass rush. If the sliders don't work right now, then what difference would it make if you had sliders set at zero? Think about that for a minute would you
Old 08-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
Rookie

Gmac1016's Arena

OVR: 6

I think the sliders will fix the pass rush problem. The improved zone defense should put a dent into the robo QB as well. Sliders + good zone defense = no robo QB.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
If the sliders don't work right now, then what difference would it make if you had sliders set at zero? Think about that for a minute would you
The CPU sliders don't work but the devs said the human sliders affect both the human and CPU. Therefore, putting human pass blocking at 0 should indeed help your pass rush. This is what he meant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think you guys who complain about the pass rush have it twisted. Are y'all complaining b'cuz on this version every time you pick up the stick and play with a good def. squad like LSU or USC you can't get 6 or 8 sacks each time out like in older versions. Let's be real. In real life, NCAA or NFL, they don't rack up sacks like that game in game out. It's more about pressure and hurries than actual sacks. Look at the Super Bowl this year. The Giants pressured the hell out of Tom Brady but how many actual sacks did they get, 2 maybe 3? Maybe y'all need to look at yourself and maybe question your playcalling or stick skills b'cuz I play mostly with Michigan and I average 1 or 2 sacks a game with a decent defense so I'm more than sure with a solid def. like LSU or USC or Ohio St. or Oklahoma I could get that average up a sack or two higher which would be realistic. What do y'all guys want? A game that plays like real life or some make believe NFL Blitz type action. Stop your whining. The game is solid and sounds like the patch will iron out most of the wrinkles it has.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #13
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree with previous post. But i still dont like to see half my d-line pancaked everyplay by Western Kentucky. I dont want the super human sack stats, i just want the d-line to stay on thier feet when engaged so they can come off and make a play on running back or scrambling QB.
UNC Basketball - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #14
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboyredd21
I think you guys who complain about the pass rush have it twisted. Are y'all complaining b'cuz on this version every time you pick up the stick and play with a good def. squad like LSU or USC you can't get 6 or 8 sacks each time out like in older versions. Let's be real. In real life, NCAA or NFL, they don't rack up sacks like that game in game out. It's more about pressure and hurries than actual sacks. Look at the Super Bowl this year. The Giants pressured the hell out of Tom Brady but how many actual sacks did they get, 2 maybe 3? Maybe y'all need to look at yourself and maybe question your playcalling or stick skills b'cuz I play mostly with Michigan and I average 1 or 2 sacks a game with a decent defense so I'm more than sure with a solid def. like LSU or USC or Ohio St. or Oklahoma I could get that average up a sack or two higher which would be realistic. What do y'all guys want? A game that plays like real life or some make believe NFL Blitz type action. Stop your whining. The game is solid and sounds like the patch will iron out most of the wrinkles it has.

No people are not complaining about the sacks at all. They are complaining about not being able to pressure or hurry the qb no matter what team you have. Troy and Idaho OL will pancake the defensive lines of LSU and USC many times throughout the game which is just flat out unrealistic. The D of those teams should be in the backfield of those lesser teams pretty regularly. A 60 rated OL should not continually pancake anyone let alone a 95 rated DL. Not only that but when you finally get close enough to sack the quarterback the robo qb will just complete a perfect strike with a defender in your face. You just went on a rant when nobody is complaining about sacks.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVish
No people are not complaining about the sacks at all. They are complaining about not being able to pressure or hurry the qb no matter what team you have. Troy and Idaho OL will pancake the defensive lines of LSU and USC many times throughout the game which is just flat out unrealistic. The D of those teams should be in the backfield of those lesser teams pretty regularly. A 60 rated OL should not continually pancake anyone let alone a 95 rated DL. Not only that but when you finally get close enough to sack the quarterback the robo qb will just complete a perfect strike with a defender in your face. You just went on a rant when nobody is complaining about sacks.
This is all because EA has programmed themselves into a catch 22. When the AI QB is hurried they will throw picks in bunches. See NCAA 2008. They had to fix the turnover bug and here is what you got. I would rather have a sketchy pass rush though instead of a pick 6 festival.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
I also highly doubt it. We already have sliders that supposedly work, just for both human and CPU, yet when I put pass blocking at 0 I still can\'t get to the QB. Oh well I was already counting on wait for next year so not a huge disappointment.
Exactly! And lowering the passing slider just seems to make the CPU take safer throws, therefore not really lowering the ridiculous passing %. There's no QB awareness slider so they still find the open man, the ball just seems to get there a little slower. So sliders won't fix that part of the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »