Home

What's the the furthest ball you've seen thrown by the CPU?

This is a discussion on What's the the furthest ball you've seen thrown by the CPU? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What's the the furthest ball you've seen thrown by the CPU?

I know there's been lots of talk on these forums about the CPU not throwing any deep balls, and for the most part it's true, but yesterday in my off-line dynasty with the Wyoming Cowboys, I actually saw the New Mexico State QB throw a 55-yd. pass.

I even rewinded it like 5 times and watched the football from the line-of-scrimmage to the exact point where the football hit the receiver's hands, and it was exactly 55-yds.

Oh, and this was not a Hail Mary or near the end of the half or game, or anything like that. Just a good ol' fashion long ball thrown by the CPU! The receiver ended up dropping it, anyway, but was still nice to see.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: What's the the furthest ball you've seen thrown by the CPU?

i see the CPU go deep 1-2 times a game, but usually its passes to a WR that has 2-4 guys near him, and it is picked. don't know the longest yard wise, normally its between 25-40 yards when they do it to me, and I'm not counting the hail marys at end of the half/game.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i see the CPU go deep 1-2 times a game, but usually its passes to a WR that has 2-4 guys near him, and it is picked. don't know the longest yard wise, normally its between 25-40 yards when they do it to me, and I'm not counting the hail marys at end of the half/game.

I have only seen the comp throw it like thirty yards down the field. Even in hail mary plays.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by keechi24
I have only seen the comp throw it like thirty yards down the field. Even in hail mary plays.
it seems the CPU can read your play(off. and def.), even before the snap. if you call a prevent D when they call hail mary, they will dump it off pretty much all the time in '09. if you call a non-prevent D, say just a nickel cover 3 or something, they will attempt to throw it deep. but like i said, in the rarity they do throw it, its usually just a pick/deflected anyway, so its useless. i have seen them complete it a few times, but its usually my fault, because i try for the user pick, but the CPU WR always out jumps my DB if i manually jump the DB, if i just swat, i can usually deflect it.

here is an example of what the average CPU deep pass usually looks like and the results that normally happens.

the LOS was the UT 25, the point of INT(and the huddle of players) was the TTU 45. 30 yards beyond the LOS. playing as TTU, i don't recall ever getting beat deep by the CPU(85 rated D). playing as Arkansas State, i have been burnt a few times.(60 rated D)

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

35 yard post route. I missed the tackle so he scored and the pass ended up being bigger.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I had Mark Sanchez chuck one about 50 yards in the air on me...for whatever reason, they had 2 WR's there, they used one to screen me, so the other could catch it...

but I give up 80 yards passes all the time...on little 5 yard dumpoffs that are well defended, they just break a tackle or two and book it
Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would do anything for the CPU to burn me deep. All these little dink and dunk passes that end up going for 40+ yards are getting annoying.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have seen the CPU throw one 60 yards on a hail mary and about 45 yards during a game in a non hail mary situation. I was playing Ohio State as Utah State, working on sliders, and the OSU QB caught me in a mis match on D an laid it up 50 yds for the score. It was the first play after I punted to OSU, neddless to say I lost that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »