Home

Dynasty needs an overhaul

This is a discussion on Dynasty needs an overhaul within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Dynasty needs an overhaul

I just realized why I have been less excited recently about this game. It isn't that I'm upset about the things that need patched (I am upset, but I do alot of programming and I understand that some stuff is just not going to be caught. I blame it on the testing process not "EA is lame suxors!1!!!!1") , its that I don't get as excited about my dynasty as I used to.

Online dynasty has introduced a fresh new aspect to dynasty, which is helping me. But I also want to get involved and immersed into my offline dynasty like I used to. Here are my reasons:

First some things I like:

-The new recruiting process from the last couple of years is very fun. I actually don't have any complaints about recruiting

-The presentation of the newspaper articles is awesome this year.
Things I think the game really needs to implement:
-a freaking dynamic coach change system where other coaches EVER change jobs. I am so sick of this not being there. Especially after playing CH2K8, where the system is really really good.

-A coach rating system, with ability to improve based on performance (notice the CH2K8 theme? Don't be afraid to steal from and build on your competitors! CH2K8 makes dynasty feel shallow and lacking for me now)

-formation subs

As it stands right now, I don't feel dynasty mode is all that interesting to me anymore. Its probably because I've been playing alot of CH2K8 and the legacy mode feels much more deep.

Part of it is that EA tends to market a more 'arcade' style gamer, and 2K finds their niche with the sim guys. But since EA is the only college football game around, I sure would love it if they'd throw us hardcore sim guys a bone and give us a deep dynasty mode, rich with new ratings, coaching changes, maybe a BCS selection show, or at least some type of between weeks summary show (no highlights....seeing the same play over and over with different teams is really annoying). I'd be a happy camper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty needs an overhaul

I wouldn't exactly say Dynasty needs an overhaul, but it does need to get a little deeper. The idea has been tossed around on some threads about adding an Athletic Director mode within dynasty. Some things to include would be stadium updates, paying coaches, luring other coaches away from other schools, building athletic facilities, hiring assistant coaches, etc.

NCAA definitely needs something like this for the next gen consoles. Campus Legend mode is cute, but it's just not cutting it.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
MVP

Yeah, I've played about 8 minutes of campus legend. Its just not for me.

But I guess more than an overhaul, I meant that it needs a large magnitude of new features to keep me interested still. Its been essentially exactly the same depth for about 5 years now, with a recruiting overhaul thrown in the middle.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I'd prefer they just fix the bugs with the current one like the out of whack conference schedule rotation and inability to sway players to stay in online dynasty. Maybe expand the rosters and I'd be good to go.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Stealing from CH2k8 for coaches would be a GODSEND.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Stealing from CH2k8 for coaches would be a GODSEND.
Wouldn't it though? That system is so sweet. I'd like to see at least an attempt to match that kind of dynasty depth.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Wouldn't it though? That system is so sweet. I'd like to see at least an attempt to match that kind of dynasty depth.
It would make things even more realistic. Wanny would somehow find a way to lose with his talent, and Syracuse would be even easier to beat.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
either that or borrow gamebreaker's coaching carousel, where you started out as a special teams coach & st players were all you recruited, then you could take a coordinator job at a mid-major (& recruiting only O players as an OC or D players as a DC), head job at a smaller school or take another st job at a big school, and move up thru the ranks like that. 989 tailed off in their development of gamebreaker, but this was one thing they nailed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »