Home

no huddle

This is a discussion on no huddle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
no huddle

in the game when you need to move the ball fast like in a 2 minute drill why do the players walk up to the ball you should be able to after a first down line up your players and spike the balll with maybe just a second or 2 time running off but it takes like 8 seconds for them to just line up before you hike it its pretty annyoing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: no huddle

Fat o-linemen are slow. In real life they don't run either. They do more of a brisk walk.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmass222
in the game when you need to move the ball fast like in a 2 minute drill why do the players walk up to the ball you should be able to after a first down line up your players and spike the balll with maybe just a second or 2 time running off but it takes like 8 seconds for them to just line up before you hike it its pretty annyoing
Press and hold A. Your players will hurry to the line.

Note that holding A to hurry them tires them out more quickly. I almost always hurry my guys to the line of scrimmage and it burns them out, especially in Heisman.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmass222
You can tap A to make your team get to the line faster...
Old 08-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

When I go no-huddle it doesn't even seem worth it because my QB takes forever to get back under center
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

As a coach I can tell you that you cannot get to the line & spike a ball in 2 seconds. The 8 seconds is much more realistic. Optimally you could get it done in 4-5 seconds. Remember, the wide receivers have to come back from their routes for 1 thing. If you sent someone deep it will take them 3 or 4 seconds to get back to the line. Second, the lineman are hugh & are TIRED by the time you get to a no huddle. Give the 4-5 seconds to get to the line. Third, the QB probably looks to the side to see if the coach wants a true spike or a fake spike, then makes line call, then snap. Finally, the more times you run the no huddle the longer it will and should take between plays.

This game has many flaws but I do not feel this is one of them. As a older gamer I appreciate when EA gets something right.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMTigerFan

This game has many flaws but I do not feel this is one of them. As a older gamer I appreciate when EA gets something right.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with the hurry-up offense at all. And the on-screen cues make it easier than ever this year to spike the ball in crunch time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »