Home

I think I've given up on trying to make this realistic

This is a discussion on I think I've given up on trying to make this realistic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #9
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I think I've given up on trying to make this realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have been doing this since NCAA 06. Default everything and having a blast.
That's what I did when I first got the game. Everything default - 5 min. varsity and did not even look at sliders. Breezed through my first dynasty year in a couple of days and had alot of fun. Didn't pay attention to the stats, just my win-loss. I lost to teams I should have, squeaked by evenly matched teams and blew out inferior ones. It wasn't until I started tinkering with difficulty levels, minutes and slider settings did the frustration begin.

Play this game like a NCAA Tecmo bowl and you'll have fun.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #10
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580

Maybe we're so hung up on realism in our sports video games now because they LOOK infinitely more realistic, so we put those same expectations on the AI? Which clearly has not advanced in the same way.
I agree with this. I think graphics in video games have surpassed gameplay. The more realistic a game looks, the more realistic we expect a game to play. Realistic graphics doesnt always = realistic gameplay.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I agree with this. I think graphics in video games have surpassed gameplay. The more realistic a game looks, the more realistic we expect a game to play. Realistic graphics doesnt always = realistic gameplay.

True. Thats why a game like MLB Power Pros is such a breath of fresh air.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

4 Minutes Heisman Default Sliders USC Dynasty = Fun all day

I don't think its a bad video game by any means. Its just simply caterered to the less sim gamers.

Not worrying about 95% realistic stats makes the game a blast to play.

Ncaa is meant for entertainment. And its done its job for me. It saddens me that it only provides frustration for others.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man, ya'll talk like this is the worst football game ever made or something, sheesh. It's not a bad game at all. We must have different definitions of "sim", because my games are sim everytime. Comparing this to tecmo bowl, stop it. Actually I'm talking about 08, that ones better if ya ask me. 09 is definitly not trash though.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 31

I got to admit there are some flaws but as for realism. I am getting perfect stats and for the most part perfect gameplay except for too many INT's, 4th down logic and every damn team running the spread option with slow QB's.

I haven't bought NCAA in 4 years and frankly I am impressed by this game. Flawed for sure but overall it sure beats what I expected. I am having a blast playing this game.

BTW college football is a high scoring, high offense affair nowadays and I think the NCAA developers did a good job representing this new era of football. I run the wishbone and power I game but not too many teams do nowadays.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #15
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

I was one of the ones that at first couldn't stand the game despite how bad I really wanted to like it. It wasn't until I found a setting with sliders and told myself like MVA originally posted, that I was just going to have fun, that I actually began to enjoy the game. I've also tried to stop reading all of the negative posts and check out more of the ones that have people actually enjoy the different aspects of the game. I noticed that I would be having fun then would come read a post and be like oh yeah, that does suck, and it would start to totally ruin my experience.

I've come to the realization, it's even throughout this thread, that different people have different styles and you have to find what works for you for you to have fun. Speedkills and Exonerated mentioned they both play with default sliders and love their games, but me, I had to adjust sliders for me to start enjoying mine. It could be different for every gamer out there.

Don't get me wrong, the game does have flaws and glitches that are inexcusable when you're paying 60 bucks a pop. But it's to each his own and until we each realize that, we'll never have fun at our own game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Gentlemen,

We don't need a new thread to pop up every time someone decides they're done playing the game. Thanks.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »